Reload this Page >

Suggestions on 16 sector RTW ex JNB

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestions on 16 sector RTW ex JNB

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by Himeno

How silly.
I've only ticketed via the tool with QF, CX and AA. All take payment via the website (unless you run into the AA issue for others bug where the tool freezes at payment screen).
Sometime ago, I posted this issue.

I have experience of calling BA ARN, and tell a nice lady PNR and my credit card info, WIN 1
When I call BA DXB (general sales representative), they can not accept coredit card by phone, LOSS 1.
When I call BA TYO, they told me upper limit of credit card acceptance as their own rule, they said I had to make bank wire transfer. LOSS 2
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Hi guys, I am half way done my rtw and I notice that my original flight from yvr-dfw-lim got change to yvr-phx-dfw-lim.

Problem is that time is terrible, I have to fly early at YVR around 0800 and arrive at LIM at 2300 plus one more transit at PHX.

Is there anyway for me to get the original itinerary back? It use to be depart YVR at 1300 arrive LIM 0600 next day. With the original itinerary I get to save one night of hotel and get more time in YVR.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:03 am
Original Poster

I am also surprise I didn't get any notification of the change, I only saw it when I was playing with the CX new mobile app....
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:53 pm

Check the schedule. I noticed that the DFW-LIM flight on Sat leaves mid afternoon, therefore the 1300 YVR departure does not allow for a same day connection. At least you get an extra flight out the RTW.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

You are right headinclouds, I am surprise AA 980 time got change from 22:05-06:12+1 to 15:35-23:40.Too bad, but I am still surprise I didnt get notify of the change.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: QF WP
two questions for the forum gurus regarding my proposed DONE5 for next June (First flight with BA, JNB-LHR so they will issue the ticket )...First, when using the one world RTW booking engine I am wanting to book the midday flight from BCN to LHR and only the evening flight is listed as available...If I end up booking with One World can I ring BA and get them to change my flight to my preferred time with no penalty ?...Secondly the One World tool planner has priced the ticket cheaper than the AA RTW Desk because of the taxes by nearly 10,000 Rand...Have asked AA to recheck their tax calculations...Who is right ?...In the past AA has always been the cheaper option....Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pyffii
two questions for the forum gurus regarding my proposed DONE5 for next June (First flight with BA, JNB-LHR so they will issue the ticket )...First, when using the one world RTW booking engine I am wanting to book the midday flight from BCN to LHR and only the evening flight is listed as available...If I end up booking with One World can I ring BA and get them to change my flight to my preferred time with no penalty ?...Secondly the One World tool planner has priced the ticket cheaper than the AA RTW Desk because of the taxes by nearly 10,000 Rand...Have asked AA to recheck their tax calculations...Who is right ?...In the past AA has always been the cheaper option....Thanks in advance for any assistance.
BA will issue the ticket even if they are not the first carrier. You'd have to contact them directly though, the online tool defaults to the first carrier for ticketing.

Alternatively you could use a BA internal flight in South Africa to force BA as the ticket issuer.

Unless I am mistaken, someone here recently stated that the BA Gold line will discard the requirement that the fare be booked in the country of origin, and charged the ex-CAI rate even though it was issued in London. Can't guarantee that would happen again but it would be interesting to hear if you tried.

Don't want you to change your itinerary but just thought you should be aware that the online tool is quite limited.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Yes. If you book using the online tool, then you can later change the BCN-LHR to the one you want at no charge

Who cares who is right with the taxes - just take the cheaper one
Old Sep 9, 2015, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pandaperth
Yes. If you book using the online tool, then you can later change the BCN-LHR to the one you want at no charge

Who cares who is right with the taxes - just take the cheaper one
The ticket re-issue might prompt a tax/fee recalculation. [Admittedly this change could be accomplished with a revalidation, but some carriers insist on doing reissues.]

It would be useful to understand the principle behind the calculation to avoid an unpleasant bill.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas
The ticket re-issue might prompt a tax/fee recalculation. [Admittedly this change could be accomplished with a revalidation, but some carriers insist on doing reissues.]

It would be useful to understand the principle behind the calculation to avoid an unpleasant bill.
Agree completely so waiting now for AA to recalculate and will let you know...thanks all for the replies..Cheers
Old Sep 10, 2015, 5:25 pm

AA have rechecked the taxes and charges and are still 7000 RAND more expensive than the RTW tool which is a surprise as previous experiences have always shown AA to be the cheaper alternative....The only differences are that I can use AA code share on the long haul sectors and therefore generate more miles and I can get my preferred flight from BCN to LHR ( now have to ring BA after ticketing to change the flight ) ...but I dont think that this will compensate for the extra cost...Thanks for your help
Old Sep 10, 2015, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
AA have rechecked the taxes and charges and are still 7000 RAND more expensive than the RTW tool which is a surprise as previous experiences have always shown AA to be the cheaper alternative....The only differences are that I can use AA code share on the long haul sectors and therefore generate more miles and I can get my preferred flight from BCN to LHR ( now have to ring BA after ticketing to change the flight ) ...but I dont think that this will compensate for the extra cost...Thanks for your help
But maybe it will. Remember, if you're EXP, each AA metal or AA codeshare flight operated by BA or JL (and some others) of at least 3,000 miles in D or A will get you an extra 12,000 AAdvantage miles if you're EXP. So if you can get a couple of those flights for 7,000 ZAR, it may well be worth it for you. That's what I'm trying to do on the one I'm currently planning. Already have three of those booked as AA codeshares (two op by JL and one by BA); trying to see if I can squeeze one more out of it.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Sep 11, 2015 at 7:34 pm
Old Sep 15, 2015, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Can anyone explain to me why some BA and CX flights offer premium economy for about 10k zar while my original ticket is 40k zar. Business on all 16 segmemts is around 80k zar.

So if i will opt of 4 segments of premium economy, might as well as change it to a business ticket?

Am i right or is there a catch?
Old Sep 15, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Alas there is no (pey)ONEx. And since most airlines (and especially QF) can sell (all of) those seats on normal fares, there is no incentive to bring the premium down to a corresponding level (ie offer a PEY fare between L and D).

And if you are starting from JNB/CPT, then certainly the DONEx is a better deal. Starting from JFK or SYD, likely not so much.

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Sep 17, 2015, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wandering_fred
Alas there is no (pey)ONEx. And since most airlines (and especially QF) can sell (all of) those seats on normal fares, there is no incentive to bring the premium down to a corresponding level (ie offer a PEY fare between L and D).

And if you are starting from JNB/CPT, then certainly the DONEx is a better deal. Starting from JFK or SYD, likely not so much.

Happy wandering

Fred
Thanks Fred,

I regret not choosing DONEx, luckily I didnt choose any of the PEY flights, didnt have the budget at that time.

Something personal come up, i know i can simply not fly and forfeit my rtw ticket. Is it possible to postpone the last 6 legs so long as its within one year of my first flight?

I believe there is a rebooking fee and that is it because the destinations havent change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.