Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestions on 16 sector RTW ex JNB

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2015, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skipaway
I note you've asked this question twice, and I don't see that it's been answered. I'm 99.9% positive you have to pick one program since it's one ticket. Any confirmation or correction from you more knowledgeable oneworld gurus?
Thank you skipaway for pointing it out and thank you to Himeno and Kiwi Flyer for confirming.

I got another question while planning my trip say I fly ANC-DFW-SJU on AA but since this flight isn't offer on the day I would like to travel I end up spliting it ANC-DFW and DFW-SJU with 1 hour inbetween.

Let's say I couldn't made it do my DFW-SJU flight due to transit problems (I know its really tight...) or delay from ANC-DFW, what will happen?

I have to buy (paid the difference) for a new DFW-SJU flight? or they will try to get me on the next available flight?

Is my chance of 1 hour transit in DFW really slim?
Old May 12, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by jkuok
Thank you skipaway for pointing it out and thank you to Himeno and Kiwi Flyer for confirming.
Erm - both Himeno and Kiwi Flyer disagreed with skipaway (and FWIW I agree with them)

I got another question while planning my trip say I fly ANC-DFW-SJU on AA but since this flight isn't offer on the day I would like to travel I end up spliting it ANC-DFW and DFW-SJU with 1 hour inbetween.

Let's say I couldn't made it do my DFW-SJU flight due to transit problems (I know its really tight...) or delay from ANC-DFW, what will happen?

I have to buy (paid the difference) for a new DFW-SJU flight? or they will try to get me on the next available flight?
There is no direct flight from ANC to SJU, you always have to change planes somewhere
The minimum connect time (MCT) at DFW is 50mins, so 1 hour should be OK
If you flight from ANC is late and you miss the flight to SJU, then AA will "protect" you, which means the airline will take responsibility for getting you to your destination.
Of course you could stopover in Dallas if you wanted to.
Old May 12, 2015, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Sorry guys I feel rather dumb asking this question but do i get any miles for surafce sectors?

If the answer is yes, do i need to prove my flight or does it have to be one world?
Say from A to B to C, i cant find flights in the rtw if i do get miles what if i just go from a to c directly? or fly with Sky Team or Star Alliance.

If the answer is no, than nvm. Just want to get an answer and confirm.

Thanks
Old May 12, 2015, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pandaperth
Erm - both Himeno and Kiwi Flyer disagreed with skipaway (and FWIW I agree with them)

There is no direct flight from ANC to SJU, you always have to change planes somewhere
The minimum connect time (MCT) at DFW is 50mins, so 1 hour should be OK
If you flight from ANC is late and you miss the flight to SJU, then AA will "protect" you, which means the airline will take responsibility for getting you to your destination.
Of course you could stopover in Dallas if you wanted to.
Thank you pandaperth, i reread the posts again, I thought skipaway said 99.9% I could. Oops

Originally plan to fly in June but something came up, luckily i havent book my flight. anc to dfw is not available in nov, the dates doesnt have any colour. I switch to anc to phx, all the dates are dark blue but cant find any flight which sucks

Last edited by jkuok; May 12, 2015 at 5:28 pm
Old May 12, 2015, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Sorry guys I feel rather dumb asking this question but do i get any miles for surafce sectors?
No, unless those sectors are in fact taken on a flight on a separate ticket, and then it depends on whether those flights/tickets earn miles in themselves.
Old May 12, 2015, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by christep
No, unless those sectors are in fact taken on a flight on a separate ticket, and then it depends on whether those flights/tickets earn miles in themselves.
Thanks christep that really help
Old May 13, 2015, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Hopefully these will be my last 3 questions

Why are some dates in blue which should indicate that there are direct flight available but when i click in to them ( i try like 15 dates) nothing is showing up?

On a 16 sectors RTW trip say I want to stay longer on sector 10 can sectors 11-16 be move back (can i change the dates) do I just pay the difference in fair?

All my flights are economy L class: CX, AA, BA, IB, LA, QR, AY, just want to make sure that they all comes with one check baggage and one carry on?

Last edited by jkuok; May 13, 2015 at 2:08 pm
Old May 13, 2015, 11:50 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Hopefully these will be my last 3 questions

Why are some dates in blue which should indicate that there are direct flight available but when i click in to them ( i try like 15 dates) nothing is showing up?

On a 16 sectors RTW trip say I want to stay longer on sector 10 can sectors 11-16 be move back (can i change the dates) do I just pay the difference in fair?

All my flights are economy L class: CX, AA, BA, IB, LA, QR, AY, just want to make sure that they all comes with one check baggage and one carry on?
  1. The blue shows that there are direct flights but at that stage availability in your booking class has not been checked. When you click on a date, the availability check is done, and if there is no availability on that date then no flights will be listed.
  2. Date, time and carrier changes are permitted free of charge, provided there is no change to ticketed points.
  3. The ticket allows you two pieces of checked luggage, 23kg each. Carry-on is subject to the rules of each airline - but they all allow at least one carry-on
FYI the full rule sheet is available on the Oneworld web site. I recommend you save a copy when you buy your ticket, as it is those rules that will apply for the life of your ticket. Later changes will not apply - whether they be advantageous to you or disadvantageous.

Last edited by pandaperth; May 14, 2015 at 1:26 am
Old May 14, 2015, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
FYI the full rule sheet is available on the Oneworld web site.
Here.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

1. The blue shows that there are direct flights but at that stage availability in your booking class has not been checked. When you click on a date, the availability check is done, and if there is no availability on that date then no flights will be listed.
  2. Date, time and carrier changes are permitted free of charge, provided there is no change to ticketed points.
  3. The ticket allows you two pieces of checked luggage, 23kg each. Carry-on is subject to the rules of each airline - but they all allow at least one carry-on
FYI the full rule sheet is available on the Oneworld web site. I recommend you save a copy when you buy your ticket, as it is those rules that will apply for the life of your ticket. Later changes will not apply - whether they be advantageous to you or disadvantageous.
Thanks pandaperth, been busy with life and couldnt finalize my travel plan.

Would the below work?

I want to travel to ANC from YVR it will be like YVR-DFW-ANC. From the oneworld explorer its only available up to Sept 30.

From AA website flight are still available from the rest of the year just not available on oneworld explorer.

Would it work if I book the flight on Sept 30 and then change the dates of travel to say Nov 17?

What if the transfer city been change to PHX instead of DFW? It become YVR-PHX-ANC instead of the original YVR-DFW-ANC?

Would my ticketed points change because of a different transfer city or another segment need to be added? I assume I would have to pay the difference if the air fare increase?

Thanks

Last edited by jkuok; Jun 11, 2015 at 12:22 pm
Old Jun 11, 2015, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Thanks Dr. HFH
Old Jun 11, 2015, 1:47 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
I want to travel to ANC from YVR it will be like YVR-DFW-ANC. From the oneworld explorer its only available up to Sept 30.

From AA website flight are still available from the rest of the year just not available on oneworld explorer.

Would it work if I book the flight on Sept 30 and then change the dates of travel to say Nov 17?

What if the transfer city been change to PHX instead of DFW? It become YVR-PHX-ANC instead of the original YVR-DFW-ANC?

Would my ticketed points change because of a different transfer city or another segment need to be added? I assume I would have to pay the difference if the air fare increase?

Thanks
DFW-ANC only operates during the summer; PHX-ANC is year-round (as is YVR-PHX.)

Changing from YVR-DFW-ANC to YVR-PHX-ANC would require a re-issue.

Codeshares on Alaska (AS) are not eligible with the Oneworld Explorer but are okay with the Global Explorer.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
DFW-ANC only operates during the summer; PHX-ANC is year-round (as is YVR-PHX.)

Changing from YVR-DFW-ANC to YVR-PHX-ANC would require a re-issue.
And remember, if you're crediting to AAdvantage and have elite status, particularly PLT or EXP, DFW/ANC is over 3,000 miles and PHX/ANC is under, for the purposes of the 2015 Promotion Bonus.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP
When I checked fare in EF today it showed these prices, like last year's.

Fares for JNB to JNB on 07/15/15 with 20 results per page
Search: Departing JNB on 07/15/15 for JNB
Flying AA
Viewing in currency ZAR
Validated Results
DGLOB34 AA D Round.Trip 58940.00
DONE4 AA D Round.Trip 58940.00
DONE5 AA D Round.Trip 67880.00
DONE6 AA D Round.Trip 80500.00
AGLOB34 AA A Round.Trip 96500.00
AONE4 AA A Round.Trip 96500.00
Old Jun 13, 2015, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gru1K
AONE4 AA A Round.Trip 96500.00
This is down a few hundred dollars since a couple of months ago. Currency exchange rates, I assume. I'll have to recalculate my theoretical itinerary and see where we are on cpm now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.