Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Suggestions on 16 sector RTW ex JNB

Suggestions on 16 sector RTW ex JNB

Old Apr 23, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by jkuok
Thanks Gardyloo,

Can you explain to me this part "JNB-HKG-NRT-CMB-NRT-HKG-JFK"

I assume its jnb-hkg-nrt, nrt-cmb, cmb-hkg-jfk?

also "SJU-DFW-DOH-MAD-DOH-CPT" is sju-dfw-doh-mad, mad-doh-cpt?

Actually i am thinking if i can split my RTW in to 2 different FFP, CX and AA?
In XONEX product, only restriction about stopover is maximum 2 stop over within the continent of origin (and subtle restriction within the country of origin).

So, according to your notation, you can split whole itin to
JNB-HKG
HKG-NRT
NRT-CMB
CMB-NRT
NRT-HKG
HKG-JFK
JFK-YVR
YVR-DFW
DFW-ANC
ANC-DFW
SFW-SJU
SJU-DFW
DFW-DOH
DOH-MAD
AMD-DOH
DOH-CPT
Old Apr 23, 2015, 7:46 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
A couple of typos in Wasabi Tofu's list might confuse a noob

For SFW-SJU read DFW-SJU and
For AMD-DOH read MAD-DOH
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
In XONEX product, only restriction about stopover is maximum 2 stop over within the continent of origin (and subtle restriction within the country of origin).

So, according to your notation, you can split whole itin to
JNB-HKG
HKG-NRT
NRT-CMB
CMB-NRT
NRT-HKG
HKG-JFK
JFK-YVR
YVR-DFW
DFW-ANC
ANC-DFW
SFW-SJU
SJU-DFW
DFW-DOH
DOH-MAD
AMD-DOH
DOH-CPT
Originally Posted by pandaperth
A couple of typos in Wasabi Tofu's list might confuse a noob

For SFW-SJU read DFW-SJU and
For AMD-DOH read MAD-DOH
Thanks a lot guys, I try to follow it as close as possible, and this is what I got:

jnb-hkg-nrt-cmb-nrt-hkg-jfk-yvr-dfw-anc-dfw-sju-mia-doh-mad-doh-jnb

jnb-hkg-nrt
nrt-cmb
cmb-nrt
nrt-hkg
hkg-jfk
jfk-yvr
yvr-dfw-anc
anc-dfw-sju
sju-mia-doh
doh-mad
mad-doh-jnb

58,632 miles for 33,016ZAR ^^^

Since some of the airlines Qatar/Sri Lankan/JAL only earn 0.5, I try to change it to business. But I couldn't get to and from anc in biz, i am sure the via dfw is fine. How could I resolve this, or is there another place I should go instead?

Last edited by jkuok; Apr 23, 2015 at 8:57 pm
Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:03 pm

But I couldn't get to and from anc in biz, i am sure the via dfw is fine. How could I resolve this, or is there another place I should go instead?
On most of its intra-USA routes, AA has First and Coach (Economy) and no Business. In such cases, the fare rules explicitly allow the use of First class when on a Business class OneWorld Explorer
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

On most of its intra-USA routes, AA has First and Coach (Economy) and no Business. In such cases, the fare rules explicitly allow the use of First class when on a Business class OneWorld Explorer
Is there anyway I can manually get some flights in econ (not the automatic upgrade/downgrade)? Seriously, I don't mind the downgrade to econ, as long as i can fly to ANC

Sadly there is no flight to and from ANC, when i change my flight to biz I was told the flight is not available and try alot of dates.

Even when I choose First, the fights to and from ANC is still not available, but I havent tried as much dates as the biz flight.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:36 am

Programs: QFF
Is there anyway I can manually get some flights in econ (not the automatic upgrade/downgrade)? Seriously, I don't mind the downgrade to econ, as long as i can fly to ANC

Sadly there is no flight to and from ANC, when i change my flight to biz I was told the flight is not available and try alot of dates.

Even when I choose First, the fights to and from ANC is still not available, but I havent tried as much dates as the biz flight.
There are flights to/from ANC from DFW (seasonal) and PHX. If using the online booking tool, it will only look at the applicable booking class (in most cases, A, D and L) for availability.
Take for example the AA DFW-ANC summer flights. If booking a business class trip, the tool will see that no D is sold on the flight and that A is allowed under the fare rules, so it will look at A availability on the selected date. If A is not available, it will show L. If L is not available, it will not show the flight.
DFW-ANC is only operated from mid June to end Sep.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold

I bought my ex-CPT DONE5 in mid-Jan (currently in HNL on it) - base fare was ZAR67,880
ex-NRT in JPY

LONE3,4,5,6 335,000 369,500 433,800 500,000
DONE3,4,5,6 656,300 780,400 895,200 978,200
AONE3,4,5,6 955,500 1,126,100 1,304,900 1,423,900
My bold.
You got a real good deal for DONE5. That looks more like the base fare for DONE4.
Thanks for posting ex-NRT fares, Safe travel, enjoy the islands.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by allset2travel
My bold.
You got a real good deal for DONE5. That looks more like the base fare for DONE4.
Thanks for posting ex-NRT fares, Safe travel, enjoy the islands.
Definitely a DONE5 - every continent except SWP, purchased from BA in mid-January this year

From my spreadsheet at the time
ex-CPT in ZAR
LONE4/5/6 21,160 25,000 29,400
DONE4/5/6 58,940 67,880 80,500

Which is why I was confused by your post that the DONE5 was 77,424ZAR in Q1 2015
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
From my spreadsheet at the time....
Spreadsheet? Did someone say xONEx fare spreadsheet? Haven't seen one of those in a very long time. Worth sharing?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Spreadsheet? Did someone say xONEx fare spreadsheet? Haven't seen one of those in a very long time. Worth sharing?
Sorry to have raised your hopes
I created a spreadsheet of ex-Sth Africa L and D fares for my own use in planning my trip - I got the base fares from ExpertFlyer and typed the numbers into the spreadsheet
Very low tech I'm afraid

I do however have PDFs of all xONEx and xGLOBnn fares - from March 2012
Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Rats. A live spreadsheet like the one Sagy used to make available would be incredibly helpful, especially now that they're repricing so often (regularly?) to account for currency rate fluctuations. The lessons of Myanmar....
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
You can pay for a DONEx and have them issue particular segments in economy, that is not a problem. If you are flying with children on some half-arsed airline with their head up their backside, such as Lan Chile, you will have to do this.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: EXP LTPlat
Actually i am thinking if i can split my RTW in to 2 different FFP, CX and AA?
I note you've asked this question twice, and I don't see that it's been answered. I'm 99.9% positive you have to pick one program since it's one ticket. Any confirmation or correction from you more knowledgeable oneworld gurus?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 6:25 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by skipaway
I note you've asked this question twice, and I don't see that it's been answered. I'm 99.9% positive you have to pick one program since it's one ticket. Any confirmation or correction from you more knowledgeable oneworld gurus?
You can change the program used in a booking whenever you want up until departure of each flight.
Old May 1, 2015, 2:23 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by skipaway
No. Every flight can be credited to a different FFP if you want to.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.