Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Backtracking on Circle Asia & SWP

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Backtracking on Circle Asia & SWP

I've been looking at the fare rules for a DAS17 and from my read it seems that it allows backtracking and I'm just wondering if anyone has tried to book something like this before. Basically what I want to fly is:

SYD-NRT (stopover)
NRT-PEK (stopover)
surface segment
PVG-HKG-BKK (stopover)
BKK-KIX (stopover)
KIX-NRT-SYD

Fare rules say the following

Your journey must include one direct flight between each region (North East Asia – South West Pacific | South East Asia – South West Pacific | North East Asia – South East Asia), and return to your country of origin.
Travel between two airports by surface transportation is at the passenger's expense and counts as one flight segment. Surface sectors must be included in the total mileage.
Only one stopover permitted at any point.
Two stopovers required outside country of origin.
A maximum of one stopover in country of origin.
Where a passenger disembarks at one point and re-embarks at a subsequent point en route, the points count as a single stopover.
By my read I have one direct flight between each region, it's 4 stopovers outside australia and I never stopover in the same place twice and I've got my max 8 segments. I do however backtrack into north east asia which I thought wasn't allowed but when I read the fare rules it doesn't specifically disallow it. So has anyone booked something like this on a circle asia and SWP fare before?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:34 pm

Programs: QFF
The ticketing airline won't allow it. You have no South East Asia – South West Pacific flight, hence it is not a circle trip.

FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS RULE REGIONS ARE DEFINED
AS FOLLOWS -
NORTHEAST ASIA - TAIWAN/CHINA/JAPAN/SOUTH KOREA
SOUTHEAST ASIA - HONG KONG/SINGAPORE/INDONESIA/
THAILAND/MALAYSIA/PHILIPPINES/
VIETNAM/CAMBODIA/MYANMAR/
BRUNEI
SOUTHWEST PACIFIC- AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND/
--- PAPUA NEW GUINEA.
-----------------
B.THE JOURNEY MUST INVOLVE TRAVEL TO ALL THREE
REGIONS AND MUST INCLUDE ONE DIRECT FLIGHT
BETWEEN THE FOLLOWING REGIONS -
1. NORTHEAST ASIA - SOUTHWEST PACIFIC
2. SOUTHEAST ASIA - SOUTHWEST PACIFIC
3. NORTHEAST ASIA - SOUTHEAST ASIA
I've done the following as DAS13's
CBR-SYD-NRT/HND-ITM-NRT-SIN-PER-MEL
CBR-SYD-NRT-ITM-NRT-ICN-HKG-SIN-MEL
CBR-SYD-TYO-OSA-TPE-KUL-SIN-BNE-CBR
CBR-SYD-NRT/HND-ITM-HND-SIN-MEL-CBR
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Ah, of course, I'd have to come back through HKG or SIN and that would blow the 17,000 miles. I'd have to do something like

SYD-NRT-PVG-HKG-BKK-KIX-HKG-SYD with the stopovers at NRT, PVG, BKK and KIX, that seems to work

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.