Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Must Circle Pacific 29,000 Include S/A????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:08 am
Original Poster

I have booked a Circle Pacific ex-HKG, and was told if I exceed 26,000 miles I MUST include South America in the itinerary. But when I read the rules I don't see this.
I had wanted to fly HKG-BNE-SYD-WLG-(AKL)-LAX-MIA-DFW-HNL-NRT-HKG. But when I tried to book it that way the AA RTW agent told me I must include South American in an itinerary > 26,000 miles. The rules seem to indicate if you want to include South America you have to use the 29,000 mile product, but I don't see that the reverse is required. Please advise
Now routed HKG-SYD-WLG-(AKL)-SCL-EZE-MIA-DFW-HNL-NRT-HKG
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The -CIR29SA fare requires South America

From the fare rules

Code:
FOR -CIR29SA FARES
          TRAVEL MUST ORIGINATE IN OR INCLUDE SOUTH AMERICA.
          TRAVEL MUST BE VIA THE NORTH/CENTRAL PACIFIC IN
          ONE DIRECTION AND VIA CHILE/ARGENTINA TO/FROM
          THE SOUTH WEST PACIFIC PACIFIC USING THE SERVICES
          OF QF/LA IN THE OTHER DIRECTION.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:28 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by MiamiPrep
I have booked a Circle Pacific ex-HKG, and was told if I exceed 26,000 miles I MUST include South America in the itinerary. But when I read the rules I don't see this.
I had wanted to fly HKG-BNE-SYD-WLG-(AKL)-LAX-MIA-DFW-HNL-NRT-HKG. But when I tried to book it that way the AA RTW agent told me I must include South American in an itinerary > 26,000 miles. The rules seem to indicate if you want to include South America you have to use the 29,000 mile product, but I don't see that the reverse is required. Please advise
Now routed HKG-SYD-WLG-(AKL)-SCL-EZE-MIA-DFW-HNL-NRT-HKG
The Circle Pacific fare is based on distance. It is only sold in 3 distance bands.
xCIR22, which can not exceed 22,000 miles;
xCIR26, which can not exceed 26,000 miles, and;
xCIR29SA, which can not exceed 29,000 miles and must include South America.

Great Circle Mapper shows HKG-BNE-SYD-WLG-AKL-LAX-MIA-DFW-HNL-NRT-HKG as 25,869 miles, but a 1-2% difference between gcmap and the airline distances is not unusual.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:58 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by Himeno
Great Circle Mapper shows HKG-BNE-SYD-WLG-AKL-LAX-MIA-DFW-HNL-NRT-HKG as 25,869 miles, but a 1-2% difference between gcmap and the airline distances is not unusual.
That would not be a valid route anyway as no Oneworld carrier flies AKL-LAX any more.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

THANKS You Guys Are The Best !!!

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The -CIR29SA fare requires South America

From the fare rules

Code:
FOR -CIR29SA FARES
          TRAVEL MUST ORIGINATE IN OR INCLUDE SOUTH AMERICA.
          TRAVEL MUST BE VIA THE NORTH/CENTRAL PACIFIC IN
          ONE DIRECTION AND VIA CHILE/ARGENTINA TO/FROM
          THE SOUTH WEST PACIFIC PACIFIC USING THE SERVICES
          OF QF/LA IN THE OTHER DIRECTION.
Thanks guys. I was reading from the OneWorld site:
http://www.oneworld.com/flights/mult...circle-pacific
And it's funny, I don't see the bit about S/A there. Sorry I didn't research adequately. I'm not sure where you got the fare rules, Dave. Confusing at times, & I think I'm quite knowledgeable about RTW's
Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by MiamiPrep
Thanks guys. I was reading from the OneWorld site:
http://www.oneworld.com/flights/mult...circle-pacific
And it's funny, I don't see the bit about S/A there. Sorry I didn't research adequately. I'm not sure where you got the fare rules, Dave. Confusing at times, & I think I'm quite knowledgeable about RTW's
I looked on Expert Flyer. On the web page you mentioned , expanding the Terms and conditions it does state

Originally Posted by oneworld
Travel originating in or including South America is only permitted on the 29,000-mile fare. Travel must be via the North/Central Pacific in one direction and via Chile to or from the South West Pacific on Qantas or LAN in the other direction.
I think that it is not very well worded, but it does mention it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.