Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DONE - Cheapest Starting Point

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2015, 5:26 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by Calchas
That's not true, is it: I though that any OneWorld airline can ticket the itinerary, in principle; although whether they feel like it is another matter.
Any oneworld member carrier can issue any oneworld fare product. It is allowable under the rules for IB or AA to issue a xASnn, even though they have no flights within the area the ticket allows.

The xONEx online booking tool takes the marketing carrier of the first flight as it is easier for the programing to work it out. Some carriers (eg, QR) have opted out of ticketing via the tool, others (eg, JL, RJ) have elected for other carriers (mainly AA) to ticket for them.

The main issue is that some carriers (such as AA) don't want to ticket an itinerary where they don't have their code on some of the longer flights such as the intercontinental or inter-regional flights.
Others (such as CX) think that the technical limitation of the online tool booking to the first marketing carrier is an actual ticketing rule and have been known to refuse even looking at the booking if their code is not on the first flight (I have had to quote fare rules to CX a number of times to get them to issue quotes and finally ticket trips).

There is no rule preventing any oneworld carrier from ticketing any oneworld product. Actually getting them to do so can be a whole other matter.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Himeno
Any oneworld member carrier can issue any oneworld fare product. It is allowable under the rules for IB or AA to issue a xASnn, even though they have no flights within the area the ticket allows.
Forgive me, what is a xASnn?
Old Apr 5, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Others (such as CX) think that the technical limitation of the online tool booking to the first marketing carrier is an actual ticketing rule and have been known to refuse even looking at the booking if their code is not on the first flight (I have had to quote fare rules to CX a number of times to get them to issue quotes and finally ticket trips).
CX Tokyo ticketing office issued:
DONEWC3(1st seg JL HND-CDG)
DONEWC3(1st seg BA CPT-JNB)
DONE4(1st seg BA DXB-LHR)
DONE3(1st seg RJ AMM-FRA)
I didn't quote any rule, just asked reservation and ticketing, no problem at all.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
That's not true, is it: I though that any OneWorld airline can ticket the itinerary, in principle; although whether they feel like it is another matter.
My original comment was more about the fact that you couldn't use the tool to price/book one. As Himeno explains getting them to ticket it could be a pain. The online tool specifically states that if the first leg is by QR then to contact QR, or a TA but I don't think many TAs issue RTW tickets due to the manual pricing.
If you prefer to begin your round-the world itinerary on a flight operated by Malaysia Airlines or Qatar Airways, please contact your travel agent, or, visit the following site:

Malaysia Airlines: http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/us/en/contact.html
Qatar Airlines: http://www.qatarairways.com/contactus
An airline GSA would be a different story. Would AA in CPT (or any other competent RTW desk) be able to price it? Sure. Would they be willing to ticket? I don't know. I haven't seen anyone actually ticket an exMPM ticket, but I have received a PM from another FT member who tried to get QR to ticket one and he gave up.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
CX Tokyo ticketing office issued:
DONEWC3(1st seg JL HND-CDG)
DONEWC3(1st seg BA CPT-JNB)
DONE4(1st seg BA DXB-LHR)
DONE3(1st seg RJ AMM-FRA)
I didn't quote any rule, just asked reservation and ticketing, no problem at all.
I haven't had that issue with the CX Japan office. I have with their UK, US and AU offices.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:47 pm

Forgive me, what is a xASnn?
Circle Asia & South West Pacific
Old Apr 5, 2015, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Circle Asia & South West Pacific
BA operates SIN-SYD, is that not allowed?
Old Apr 5, 2015, 6:10 pm

Yes, the SIN-SYD leg of the BA flight is allowed on a xASnn. As are the QR flights around south east asia.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, the SIN-SYD leg of the BA flight is allowed on a xASnn. As are the QR flights around south east asia.
oh for some reason I read your post as saying BA would not ticket it, not AA. Never mind
Old Apr 5, 2015, 8:23 pm

AA can, but they won't.
Maybe they will if they have some AA codes on JL or QF flights.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
AA can, but they won't.
Maybe they will if they have some AA codes on JL or QF flights.
You can't have AA codes without flights to/from the US.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skunker
You can't have AA codes without flights to/from the US.
Ah but this is often overlooked when ticketing RTW itineraries.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by pandaperth
ex-MPM DONE4 Base Fare: 162,300MZN (approx USD4750)
(source ExpertFlyer)
May be useful since the itinerary restrictions related to S. Africa do not apply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.