Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Tahiti Nui (TN) is “about to join oneworld”

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Air Tahiti Nui (TN) is “about to join oneworld”

In a recent interview with French Polynesia TV channel Tahiti Nui Télévision (TNTV), Jean-Christophe Bouissou, minister of Tourism French Polynesia declared:
Air Tahiti Nui TN “is about to join oneworld alliance” which will “allow us to go from 6 or 7 codeshares currently to over a hundred.”
He hopes this will happen “during the year”.

Read source article (in French): http://www.tntv.pf/Le-fenua-privileg...mme_a4886.html
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Over a hundred codeshares from six or seven? How many flights does TN run? Are they assuming that every TN flight will become a codeshare with every oneworld carrier?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:52 am

So I can book a one-world ticket to Easter Island using Tahiti now?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Hyacinthe
Air Tahiti Nui TN “is about to join oneworld alliance” which will “allow us to go from 6 or 7 codeshares currently to over a hundred.”
He hopes this will happen “during the year”.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Over a hundred codeshares from six or seven? How many flights does TN run? Are they assuming that every TN flight will become a codeshare with every oneworld carrier?
I don't think they are assuming that - putting their code just on a number of QF and AA domestic flights would allow them to increase to over a hundred codeshares
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:59 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by s0ssos
So I can book a one-world ticket to Easter Island using Tahiti now?
You can already if you use the Global Explorer RTW product.

As for the Oneworld Explorer or Circle Pacific products, not until they're members. Usually the process takes over a year from announcement until actual joining.

This has been rumored for some time. Not holding my breath.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Would they join as a full member or as an affiliate? I think QF owns a share of TN.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by themapelligroup
I think QF owns a share of TN.
You're thinking of Fiji Airways, which QF has a 46% stake in.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 5:07 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by themapelligroup
I think QF owns a share of TN.
A few decades ago, Trans Australia Airways ( TAA ) was coded TN.. TAA flew domestic flights and those from Oz to PNG ( as well as PNG domestics ) TAA and Qantas merged and all flights became QF coded. The TN code was given up and eventually taken by Air Tahiti Nui.

Last edited by og; Mar 10, 2015 at 9:00 pm Reason: just picked an "auto correct" error.. sigh ..
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Originally Posted by og
A few decades ago, Trans Australia Airways ( TAA ) was coded TN.. M&T flew domestic flights and those from Oz to PNG ( as well as PNG domestics ) TAA and Qantas merged and all flights became QF coded. The TN code was given up and eventually taken by Air Tahiti Nui.
Thanks for the historical infos, but as Supersonic Swinger suggested I mixed up Air Tahiti Nui and Fiji Airways.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 8:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It wouldn't be an amazing addition, but still, I'd say "maeva" (welcome) to TN joining oneworld. That would include earning airline miles on TN LAX-CDG flights. Though it seems to me we've had a previous similar announcement announced in the PF media that was a false alarm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.