Reload this Page >

SJU-SYD, AA/QF or AA/HA

SJU-SYD, AA/QF or AA/HA

Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:52 am
mkt
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
SJU-SYD, AA/QF or AA/HA

I'm thinking about burning some miles to go to SYD this summer - and I see a fair amount of premium award availability for the dates I want.

Since both QF and HA are available - and I've never flown on either Both require the same amount of miles, and the amounts out of pocket are within $1 of each other. Which would you recommend?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you are planning to redeem for a business class ticket, then I would suggest that QF would be a better option product quality wise

HA business class to Australia is its domestic 1st class product seating wise (45"pitch recliner) whilst Qantas offers a lie flat environment on its flights with a 78" pitch

If both are available and the timings are equally desirable take QF ; HA business class is closer to Premium Economy on Qantas

Where HA would be appealing to me for US-AU is that it is possible to take a daytime service to Hawaii, overnight in Hawaii and then take a daytime service to Australia vs the overnight service of Qantas from LAX/DFW . If Qantas has availabilty from HNL, that would be my top choice

Last edited by Dave Noble; Feb 25, 2015 at 12:21 pm
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:03 pm
mkt
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick response - I went with AA/QF

SJU-JFK on AA, JFK-LAX-SYD on QF, way back SYD-DFW on QF, DFW-MIA on AA, two days in Miami, MIA-SJU on AA
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
SJU-SYD, AA/QF or AA/HA

Doesn't that 2 days in MIA require another award?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:11 am
mkt
Original Poster

I booked it as a multi city. SJU-SYD/SYD-MIA/MIA-SJU. The final leg, MIA-SJU is in coach @ 12500 miles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.