Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checked Baggage FRA-NRT-SYD-AKL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Checked Baggage FRA-NRT-SYD-AKL

Hi, I have a Premium Economy Award flight with JAL from FRA-NRT-SYD. In Sydney I have a 2hour layover and a booked eco flight with LAN-Airline to AKL. Can I check my bag all the way through in FRA to AKL although I have two booking numbers? Do I have to collect my luggage in NRT or SYD and check it in again by myself? And a last question: I have a 5hours layover in NRT and like to meet someone outside the Airport: is this possible without any Problems?. Thanks for you support on this in advance. ^
Old Feb 16, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by Smashingo
Hi, I have a Premium Economy Award flight with JAL from FRA-NRT-SYD. In Sydney I have a 2hour layover and a booked eco flight with LAN-Airline to AKL. Can I check my bag all the way through in FRA to AKL although I have two booking numbers? Do I have to collect my luggage in NRT or SYD and check it in again by myself? And a last question: I have a 5hours layover in NRT and like to meet someone outside the Airport: is this possible without any Problems?. Thanks for you support on this in advance. ^
Whether you can check the bags through to AKL is a matter of JAL policy, so you might wish to ask in the JAL forum.

If your bags are checked through to AKL, then you should not need to claim in SYD. However, if your bags are only checked to SYD, then you will definitely need to reclaim. In that case, you would need a visa (or ETA as applicable) to enter Australia, and 2 hours connection to a different PNR would be very risky. In my opinion, if you cannot get the bags checked through to AKL in FRA, I would ask to check them to NRT and try again to get them checked to AKL, since you have a much longer connection in NRT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.