Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Through check UL-CX-AA multiple PNR

Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I am planning a trip on UL, CX and AA - my first 3 carrier trip.

Would there be any issue in through checking my bags for this series of flights?

AA2285 1810 2103 MCO JFK
CX845 0130+1 0515+2 JFK HKG
CX801 1720+2 2045+2 HKG MLE
UL110 2230+2 0025+3 MLE CMB
UL306 0155+3 0835+3 CMB SIN

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 21, 2015, 5:49 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Given AA in PHL was unable to handle my 4 segments on 2 PNRs (connecting with CX in LAX) I would not hold my breath.
You may get lucky but allow a great deal of extra time. Plan B should be to pick up the bags in HKG and use the left luggage (basement of hallway between Terminal 1 and 2)

Enjoy the mileage run

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:04 am
Original Poster

thanks for the tip. hope this upcoming trip is not too ambitious. my most recent attempt was a dual PNR trip DCA-JFK-HKG-SIN and AA at DCA was able to tag the bags all the way through to SIN but I had to pick up the CX BPs at JFK.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No issue. Official AA policy here: http://www.aa.com/i18n/agency/Bookin...tkt_policy.jsp

Print it out and keep (to show in case a poorly trained check-in person chokes) and make sure that the connecting information you show them at check-in are the e-tickets (with e-ticket number): if they have any questions/doubts they can validate them by pulling them up on their system by their number (at the end of the day, anyone can print out a fake itinerary receipt).

And even if you already have connecting boarding passes (which you probably won't since CX will probably want to do their own passport check as opposed to rely on AA doing it), at any airline switch approach the receiving airline (at check-in, lounge, or gate) and ask them to verify that they have the connecting bag tags in their system -- you'd be amazed at how many times they don't propagate automatically! Better airlines will go looking for bags that haven't been loaded yet, but if the bag tag is not in their system they won't know that it's even missing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.