Lounge Access in CGK with Oneworld Emerald/AA Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club

I'm EXP on AA and am flying economy from CGK-NRT on Japan Airlines, then business from NRT-DFW on AA. It appears there are only two lounges in CGK that are operated by third parties (JAS Premier Lounge, and Pura Indah Lounge). Can I access either of these lounges? If so, which one should I choose?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:49 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
A few weeks ago, I flew from Jakarta to Narita on JL in economy, and at check-in, they gave me an invitation to the Pura Indah lounge. Unlike when I flew CX, I didn't really have a choice of which lounge to use.

Personally, I think that the other lounge has better food options, but that's just my opinion.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
That's about it. There is also a Garduda lounge and another lounge that SQ uses (Esplanada). Most of them double as Indonesian bank lounges and third party programs (Priority Pass, Veloce etc).

Been a while since I've been through CGK but from memory the Premier lounge was slightly better. Keep your expectations very low however (and you may need to ask for alcohol). Note that even the home Garuda lounge is pretty basic.

I would say plan to get to the airport last minute, but in Jakarta that is dangerous thanks to the vagaries of traffic.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 5:39 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
There's a great café serving café luwak airside. great meaning the actual coffee is great. About £5 for a cup that would cost you £50 in London.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.