Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Topbonus Gold benefits but miles on BAEC

Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Hey there,

Is it possible to make use of my Topbonus Gold tier while collecting Avios with BA? Am I entitled to lounge access on BA, AA and US Air flights by having BAEC number on a valid ticket but Topbonus Gold card physically with me?

Thx in advance!

ecobiz
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
This will/should work for lounge access, yes.
However, you definitely would want to benefit from your status (Topbonus Gold=OW Sapphire=you get to choose seats at booking for free, higher baggage allowance, LHR Fast Track security, priority check-in etc... on BA) by having the AB number attached to the reservation.
So, add your topbonus number to the reservation at booking and simply change it to your BAEC number at any time between check-in and boarding (have the BP reprinted, showing the BAEC#). That'll do the trick. I do this all the time with AB flights that don't earn miles (or earn only 25%) in AAdvantage.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bhomburg
This will/should work for lounge access, yes.
However, you definitely would want to benefit from your status (Topbonus Gold=OW Sapphire=you get to choose seats at booking for free, higher baggage allowance, LHR Fast Track security, priority check-in etc... on BA) by having the AB number attached to the reservation.
So, add your topbonus number to the reservation at booking and simply change it to your BAEC number at any time between check-in and boarding (have the BP reprinted, showing the BAEC#). That'll do the trick. I do this all the time with AB flights that don't earn miles (or earn only 25%) in AAdvantage.
I have already booked free seats on either airline. Fast Track and more baggage allowances doesn´t make sense to me anyway. I should be fine with Prio-Checkin by showing Gold card, shouldn´t I?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Is AB Gold enough to get into the AA lounge for a domestic flight in the US?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
Originally Posted by HKG1111
Is AB Gold enough to get into the AA lounge for a domestic flight in the US?
Yes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.