Community
Wiki Posts
Search

From Bronze to Gold - which is best?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
That's true.

If your main airline is QF then might as well stick with their FFP.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 1:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Gold; QF Platinum!!; Hhonors Diamond
You won't believe it............
Qantas has extended my Gold status for another year!
My membership anniversary expired Nov 30 with 120 status credits to retain Gold, but today, Dec 1st, I am still Gold with all the other info updated - 4 QF sectors, 600 Status credits required to retain etc etc!!!!!
Old Dec 1, 2014, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Does your qantas page show a review date? If so is it 2015?
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Yes, it states 30 Nov 2015!!
Old Dec 1, 2014, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Simontony
Yes, it states 30 Nov 2015!!
Congratulations!

Now it's time to start ensuring you gather another 600 SC's in the next 364 days.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:14 am
Original Poster

I'm aiming for Platinum!!
Old Dec 3, 2014, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Oh dear - downgraded to Silver 3 days later.....confused....
Old Dec 3, 2014, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh dear - downgraded to Silver 3 days later.....confused....
Hmmm ... seems the recent web site revamp may have introduced some hickeys.

If status is likely to drop down it not normally happen until a few days into your new "year".

It used to be that, in that situation, the review date would still show the previous year - going by this that is no longer the case.

Last edited by serfty; Dec 3, 2014 at 2:20 pm
Old Dec 3, 2014, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Nonetheless, I have written to Alan Joyce stating my 'devastation' at this happening. I was so excited now disheartened......let's see what happens.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

So...got a phone call from QFF Exec Relations this morning explaining why it takes 3 days for the assessment to take place; but didn't answer the question on why everything was re-set as a new Gold member (i.e. 0/4 QF flights flown; re-assement on 30 Nov 2015 etc). Anyway I was offered Double Status Credits for all QF ticketed flights for 90 days starting whenever I would like to help me reach Gold ASAP. Although a very nice gesture, unfortunately I only have MH booked for the next few months. Luckily they are all J-class so should get Gold quick enough anyway. I do appreciate Qantas taking the time though to call and explain (especially as I am in Singapore) and offering an alternative.

One good thing is that my account has reverted to my old Qantas Club membership (which I forgot I had!!) and lasts until Mar 2016!! Each time I get Gold I guess it gets extended. Only thing is I can't use the Singapore Qantas Lounge if I fly non-QF Oneworld flights - the Singapore Qantas Lounge is amazing! And the cocktails (my favourite - Chocolate Martini) are brilliant.

So for the next couple of months it will be the MH Lounge here in Singers - quite awful in comparison, but better than nothing I guess - no complaints!!

Last edited by Simontony; Dec 4, 2014 at 6:22 pm
Old Dec 5, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
So...got a phone call from QFF Exec Relations this morning explaining why it takes 3 days for the assessment to take place; but didn't answer the question on why everything was re-set as a new Gold member (i.e. 0/4 QF flights flown; re-assement on 30 Nov 2015 etc). Anyway I was offered Double Status Credits for all QF ticketed flights for 90 days starting whenever I would like to help me reach Gold ASAP. Although a very nice gesture, unfortunately I only have MH booked for the next few months. Luckily they are all J-class so should get Gold quick enough anyway. I do appreciate Qantas taking the time though to call and explain (especially as I am in Singapore) and offering an alternative.

One good thing is that my account has reverted to my old Qantas Club membership (which I forgot I had!!) and lasts until Mar 2016!! Each time I get Gold I guess it gets extended. Only thing is I can't use the Singapore Qantas Lounge if I fly non-QF Oneworld flights - the Singapore Qantas Lounge is amazing! And the cocktails (my favourite - Chocolate Martini) are brilliant.

So for the next couple of months it will be the MH Lounge here in Singers - quite awful in comparison, but better than nothing I guess - no complaints!!
If you fly J on MH, you do get access to the QF lounge in SIN
Old Dec 5, 2014, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Right!? I never thought of that. Brilliant and thank you for reminding me. Things are looking brighter already!!!!!
Old Apr 14, 2015, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Thank you MH! Im finally PLATINUM QF!!!
Old Apr 14, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Thank you MH! Im finally PLATINUM QF!!!
Congratz, now you have to do this every year to renew.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.