Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT oneworld Lounge Access (Combined thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: serfty
Access Ready Reckoner:

For access just one of the following needs to be true:
  1. Non US based (not AAdvantage and not Mileage Plan) oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier traveling on a oneworld Marketed and operated flight.
  2. An AAdvantage or Mileage Plan of Sapphire or Emerald tier traveling on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight NOT solely part of a "North American* Itinerary".
  3. First & Business Class passengers traveling on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight not solely part of a "North American* Itinerary".
  4. Passengers on an itinerary which includes First & Business Class travel on a oneworld marketed and operated flight longer than five hours connecting§ to/from a domestic oneworld Marketed and Operated flight or an international short haul (five hours or less) oneworld Marketed and Operated flight.
  5. *Recent Reports indicate the following access is being denied with Patrons being redirected to the Flagship Lounge in T4*: First and Business Class passengers traveling on an American Airlines Marketed and Operated flight between Los Angeles & New York on three class aircraft.
* A "North American* Itinerary" for AAdvantage elites is travel on solely domestic flights within the U.S. or between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean. A "North American* Itinerary" for Alaska Mileage Plan elites is travel to destinations in the U.S.A., Canada and Mexico (unless they are connecting to or from an international long-haul flight in a premium cabin on the same day).
§ Connecting the same day or before 6am the following day.
LAX oneworld Business and Qantas First Lounges
LAX / Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT)
Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

oneworld Los Angeles (Business) Lounge

Opening hours: Daily: 06:30 - 23:30

Capacity: ~400

AMENITIES:
  • Computer connected to Internet
  • Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
  • Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
  • Barista and coffee selections
  • Shower suites (16)

Notes: The stylish and spacious Business Class Lounge has a contemporary design reflecting Californian culture, combined with signature elements from each airline, built around a communal fireplace and central glass atrium providing natural light. In the lounge's dining area, customers can choose from menus, designed by renowned Qantas chef Neil Perry, based on signature Qantas Lounge favourites with influences of multicultural California, including Italian, Mexican, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and US West Coast street food. Californian food carts similar to the pop-up dining concept offer freshly prepared dishes. At the cocktail bar, customers can select signature cocktails or premium wines, or have the barista create the coffee of their choice. The lounge also offers an enhanced hot and cold buffet, faster WiFi, new workstations and sixteen shower suites with Aurora Spa amenities.
Qantas First Lounge

Opening hours: Daily: 06:30 - 23:30

Capacity: ~200

AMENITIES:
  • Computer connected to Internet
  • Neil Perry restaurant (74 seats, a la carte dining)
  • Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
  • Barista with coffee selections
  • Shower suites (7)
  • Business suites (2 - can be combined for conference room)
  • Shirt pressing (First)

Notes: The Qantas Los Angeles First Lounge defines a new standard of luxury and sophistication for First and eligible premium customers travelling through LAX. The spacious, light and open plan lounge is three times the size of the previous First Lounge. The lounge features a 74-seat a la carte restaurant, Californian Knoll furniture selected by Marc Newson, including 12 Eero Saarinen Womb Chairs with matching ottomans, 2 private work suites that can open into one larger private meeting room, state of the art wi-fi, wireless printing capabilities, TVs equipped with cable television and 7 dedicated shower suites, complete with Aurora Spa products. The a la carte Rockpool menu has been designed by Neil Perry, featuring signature dishes from the Qantas flagship Sydney and Melbourne lounges, as well as locally inspired LA cuisine. Menus will change seasonally, every 3 months. Access to First Class Lounges is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in First Class.
LAX TBIT oneworld lounges access rules: (v. Feb 25, 2016)

oneworld Business Lounge operated by Qantas

Please note this is not a Qantas Club and is not part of any recipripocity agreement with Admirals Clubs. Must be Sapphire or Business class passenger on a oneworld marketed and operated carrier ("qualifying flight") and
  • Departing on a longhaul international flight, or

• Departing on a oneworld flight, having arrived on a qualifying longhaul international flight, or

• Departing in First or Business on AA to JFK on a 3 cabin A321T aircraft.

• A Qantas Club member (no AA Admirals Club reciprocity, however)

• "Some lounges may get busy at peak times, and access to them may be restricted as a result."

Qantas - oneworld First Lounge

Must be Emerald or First class passenger on a oneworld marketed and operated carrier ("qualifying flight") and
  • Departing on a longhaul international flight, or

• Departing on a oneworld flight, having arrived on a qualifying longhaul international flight, or

• Departing in First on AA to JFK on a 3 cabin A321T.

Link to one world lounge access rules and lounge locator
Qantas First Class Lounge for OneWorld Emeralds and First Class Travelers - opened late 2014

Qantas press release

Airside connector open from terminals 4, 5, 6 and 7 to TBIT - Feb 2016

LAX AA T-4 - TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 (AA forum)

2016 LAX Connecting / Connection / Connections thread

Updated 7 Mar 2017 - JDiver

Print Wikipost

LAX - TBIT oneworld Lounge Access (Combined thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2016, 7:55 am

Thanks, Teemuflyer. Do we all agree, then, that the wiki is inaccurate? If so, who should update it? Other errors we should fix at the same time?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:16 pm

Can any OW Emeralds definitively confirm that they've recently been permitted to enter the TBIT Qantas First or OW business lounge after arriving on a same-day, domestic AA flight?

I have had no issues getting into Flagship lounge upon same day or next morning arrival of an AA domestic flight, however perhaps the rules are different for non-AA lounges?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:54 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by Concorde01
Can any OW Emeralds definitively confirm that they've recently been permitted to enter the TBIT Qantas First or OW business lounge after arriving on a same-day, domestic AA flight?

I have had no issues getting into Flagship lounge upon same day or next morning arrival of an AA domestic flight, however perhaps the rules are different for non-AA lounges?
All NON AA Emeralds can use the lounges on US domestic flights.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:37 am

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by Concorde01

If you mean using the lounge as an arrival lounge, I'm pretty sure that won't work. I don't know of any OW lounge that isn't an arrival lounge which does this, and I've also been denied by the FL once when I asked nicely (rightly so, of course), so I'm pretty sure you just got lucky.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by 77W_12A
All NON AA Emeralds can use the lounges on US domestic flights.
One of several reasons that I've switched to QRPC starting with this year. Currently AA EXP. I'll be Emerald (QRPC PLT) with my next flight, which will give me access to domestic Admirals Clubs, saving me $450/year.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 7:32 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
One of several reasons that I've switched to QRPC starting with this year. Currently AA EXP. I'll be Emerald (QRPC PLT) with my next flight, which will give me access to domestic Admirals Clubs, saving me $450/year.
I'm happy to say there was no problem whatsoever when I went to the QF F lounge for my AA LAX-LAS flight. I had to show my CX DM (Emerald) card. That was it.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold
assuming I read everything correct, I'm flying LAX-MIA J (three class) American flight. I have no status'. I can enter the oneworld business lounge but not the QF F lounge correct?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:48 pm

nevermind figured out my original question... next question is if I have 2 companions while flying CX F while they are flying AA Y (both LAX-HKG), can I guest 1 into the business lounge and 1 into the first lounge and just go back and forth between them?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:29 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
No - you must be present in the lounge where your guest is present throughout the duration of their stay.

(In principle at least)
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Is there a rule that you can only visit one of the two lounges when flying JAL?

I am AA exec plat and was flying on JAL to KIX (ticket purchased on AA.com). I first went to the QF first lounge (early morning) but when I realized they wouldn't have the lunch menu until noon, I went to the business lounge, where the lunch buffet starts at 11 AM (according to the QF lounge agent). But the business lounge agent told me that I couldn't enter because JAL will only pay for access to one lounge.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
i have no problem to enter the J lounge with my JAL Sapphire status card even my boarding pass says AA exe plat.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by pbd456
i have no problem to enter the J lounge with my JAL Sapphire status card even my boarding pass says AA exe plat.
I entered the lounge with my MH Gold Card even though my boarding pass is credited to JL.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
This trip, I tried out the business lounge instead of the first lounge, so I could get lunch before my flight. But it turns out that they also opened for lunch at noon, not at 11 AM like I was told.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: United GS; AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by BigE
This trip, I tried out the business lounge instead of the first lounge, so I could get lunch before my flight. But it turns out that they also opened for lunch at noon, not at 11 AM like I was told.
Glad they let you in! I came back from KIX connecting at LAX a while ago. Tried to access business lounge but JL agent directed us to QF first class lounge.

I explicitly said I preferred the business class lounge but no success.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: AF LTP, LH Sen, M Amb
Still cannot figure out if they let you into OneWorld TBIT business class lounge if flying on stand alone domestic ticket. Looks like there are some conflicting reports.

What are the most recent experience?

I'm arriving to TBIT from AMS (KLM) and then departing AA economy LAX-PHX (separate ticket). I have OneWorld Sapphire status (BA). Will they let me in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.