Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

2 stops via Asia on AONE5 - has this changed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat

HI
In the past on my RTW tickets I've always been able to put in a second flight via Asia as per rules - ie one of them is transfer without stopover ...
and I've done this going JNB-HGK-SYD-WLG-SYD-HKG-JFK .....
but the online booking tool won't let me do this ..
The rule sheet says that 2 allowed via Asia if transfer between SWP and Europe ....
Is this a change ? Or have I been fortunate in the past ?
Am just about to do a re-routing of an already started RTW - might it be best to call the AA RTW desk and see whether they allow the above ...?
I'm sure they have in the past
Many thanks for any help
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:04 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by pianoperson
HI
In the past on my RTW tickets I've always been able to put in a second flight via Asia as per rules - ie one of them is transfer without stopover ...
and I've done this going JNB-HGK-SYD-WLG-SYD-HKG-JFK .....
but the online booking tool won't let me do this ..
The rule sheet says that 2 allowed via Asia if transfer between SWP and Europe ....
Is this a change ? Or have I been fortunate in the past ?
Am just about to do a re-routing of an already started RTW - might it be best to call the AA RTW desk and see whether they allow the above ...?
I'm sure they have in the past
Many thanks for any help
The actual wording of the rule is:
4(e) Only one intercontinental departure and one intercontinental arrival permitted in each continent except as follows:
2. Two permitted in Asia when one is a transfer without stopover or on direct single plane service between the Southwest Pacific and Europe.
3. ...
This wording has been unchanged for some time
There have been reports of this being interpreted as only permitting the transfer without stopover to be between Europe and SWP
But the on-line tool does allow other transfers without stopover (i.e. between Africa and SWP and between Nth America and SWP)
In addition, I have used the AA RTW desk to book a DONE4 with the transfer without stopover being between Nth America (YVR) and SWP (PER) via HKG

You say the on-line won't permit it. What is the itinerary you are trying to do?

Edited to add:
Just tried this very simple itinerary in the on-line tool: JNB-xHKG-AKL-oHKG-JFK-LHR-CPT
Worked fine
The first visit to HKG is 14hrs, the second is a week

Last edited by pandaperth; Oct 23, 2014 at 11:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.