Search

CMB Oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
CMB Oneworld Lounges

Did a search in vain.

From ow web site, it listed 3 lounges operated by third parties, all airside.
Which one is a better lounge (showers & cabanas): Araliya, Serendib, or Serendiva?

Is there any arrival lounges (incoming flight in J by UL, connecting to CX)?

What time is CX counter open for flight check in CX2710 departs @ 12:35AM? 3 hours before departure?

Thanks
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:52 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
A few years since Ive been through CMB but comments from memory.

No arrivals lounge that I remember (although the terminal map shows something past immigration) - the terminal is single level so departing and incoming passengers mix.

I would guess three hours.

When I went through on a UL-CX 5-hr connection (before UL joined oneworld) I had bags tagged through and just went to coffee shop for a few hrs then transfer desk where a staffer took my passport down to the checkin desk (wasn't overly happy about it but didnt have a choice) -- actually that might have been KRT.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
CMB Oneworld Lounges

CX uses the Lotus and the Araliya lounges- wth the former being the designated 'First' class lounge. I'd rate the Serendib lounge to be better.

If your oneworld status number is in the booking, you should get the appropriate lounge invite along with the bp. Ask if UL can check you through- both are on Amadeus (infact UL bookings with my CX ff no in automatically show up in my CX account).

CX checkin desks open just under 3hrs before the flight (I've had to wait 'pre'checkin area for the counters to open- security doesn't let you in to the check in hall).

The process described by moa999 still works for transfers (at least did as of 2 months ago) though I'm not sure if you will get the CX bp more than 3h before the flight. (UL handles ground handling for CX, and most of the check-in staff are UL employees in CX garb)
Old Sep 23, 2014, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moa999
No arrivals lounge that I remember
I would guess three hours.
When I went through on a UL-CX 5-hr connection (before UL joined oneworld) I had bags tagged through and just went to coffee shop for a few hrs then transfer desk where a staffer took my passport down to the checkin desk (wasn't overly happy about it but didnt have a choice) -- actually that might have been KRT.
Thanks for the heads-up. I would be hesitant to let go of my passport to a stranger in airline garb.

Originally Posted by jagmeets
CX uses the Lotus and the Araliya lounges- wth the former being the designated 'First' class lounge. I'd rate the Serendib lounge to be better.
If your oneworld status number is in the booking, you should get the appropriate lounge invite along with the bp. Ask if UL can check you through- both are on Amadeus (infact UL bookings with my CX ff no in automatically show up in my CX account).

CX checkin desks open just under 3hrs before the flight (I've had to wait 'pre'checkin area for the counters to open- security doesn't let you in to the check in hall).
The process described by moa999 still works for transfers (at least did as of 2 months ago) though I'm not sure if you will get the CX bp more than 3h before the flight. (UL handles ground handling for CX, and most of the check-in staff are UL employees in CX garb)
Thank you.
On ow web site, there was no mention of a Lotus lounge.

Which lounge has showers?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:48 pm

CMB Oneworld Lounges

Lotus/Araliya/Serendib all have a single shower each I think (not sure about Serendib, might have more). Though I've never had to wait too long at Lotus or Araliya..
Old Sep 24, 2014, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Great!
Thanks for the info.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:43 am

CMB Oneworld Lounges

And dont worry about handing the passport over to a stranger..can understand the worry, but it works quite well (takes 10-15mins for them to get everything back)- done it a few times now at the UL transfer desk.

Last edited by jagmeets; Sep 25, 2014 at 10:02 am
Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:39 am

CMB Oneworld Lounges

And, add 'lounge staff taking a copy of your passport' to the list of off-ordinary things @ CMB.

More people at Serendib now than a few months back (UL's first week with oneworld)- but still pleasantly uncrowded. They do shunt sapphires on shorthaul to the Serendiva lounge now (complicated access rules- on UL's site, as referenced in a thread on the 'Other Asian carriers' board. The lazy boy chairs in the snooze area seem like a decent place to catch a nap in, though I'd take the transit hotel on a substantive layover- $50 for a single for a 6h block.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.