Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld connection protection on separate tickets

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by largeeyes
Anyone have experience linking British Airways to Dragon Air? I have a trip coming up and taking a flight out of HKG 4 hours after arriving to HAN would save me a day in Hong Kong having to wait until the next day. I am not sure 4 hours would leave time to get through immigration, collect bags and then recheck in.
Dragon Air is not a OneWorld airline http://www.oneworld.com/member-airlines/overview
What do mean by linking?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 3:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Dragon Air is not a OneWorld airline http://www.oneworld.com/member-airlines/overview
Go from that page into the CX page and will see that it is affiliate through Cathay

As much a OW airline as American Eagle is
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:00 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by largeeyes
Anyone have experience linking British Airways to Dragon Air? I have a trip coming up and taking a flight out of HKG 4 hours after arriving to HAN would save me a day in Hong Kong having to wait until the next day. I am not sure 4 hours would leave time to get through immigration, collect bags and then recheck in.
If you mean transfer 4 hours is plenty of time, even if you had to collect bag, go through immigration, and recheck. You might not need to do that though.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:20 am

Oneworld connection protection on separate tickets

Any idea of whom to contact @OneWorld? Can't seem to find any email addresses for anyone in the organization.

Flying AY and then QR n separate tickets and would like a clarification before contacting Finnair about it.

Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2015, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GoAround2
Any idea of whom to contact @OneWorld?
Can't seem to find any email addresses for anyone in the organization.
Flying AY and then QR on separate tickets and would like a clarification before contacting Finnair about it.
OW is only a marketing organisation.
Contact both airlines. But do not expect a responce from QR.
How long between each flight? At which airport? Do you have a passport/visa valid for entry into that country?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

oneworld.com was registered by a company called "Perfect Privacy LLC"
The technical contact for the domain registration is [email protected] m

I don't think oneworld.com wants any visitors right now
http://whois.domaintools.com/oneworld.com
Old Jun 2, 2015, 7:30 pm

I was hoping for some help regarding a booking I made with Qatar Airways - I am flying from CDG to Bombay with a stopover in Doha. And, I used my American miles to book a award travel from NYC-CDG - with a 2 hour 20 minutes gap between the flights after arriving in Paris.

I called American to see if they could issue me a Qatar Boarding pass in NYC but, they declined but did offer to route my luggage to my final destination in spite of it being two separate bookings.

So, my question is can I transfer from Terminal 2A (American) to Terminal 1 (Qatar) without a boarding pass and get one issued by Qatar at the gate or will I be required to step out of security and go back to the ticketing counter for the boarding pass. Also, I looked on Qatar's website and it says I can check-in using the mobile boarding pass but, can I get the boarding pass issued without seeing an ticket agent since, I hold an Indian passport.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
> http://www.aa.com/i18n/agency/Booking_Ticketing/Reaccom/oneworld_tkt_policy.jsp

And now it is gone.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:49 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mre5765
The entire Agency Reference section of aa.com has been moved to a authentication-required site (SalesLink).
Old Jun 17, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: AA PLT
Just noticed the same, is anyone aware if this information is still published somewhere other than SalesLink? I'm concerned AA may quietly change this policy without announcing so.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
If you travel on BA WT+ with an allowance of 2 pieces and then connect to a domestic UK service with an allowance of 1 piece on a separate ticket, do BA honour the allowance of the flight you have arrived on? I know if it's one ticket then the highest allowance applies to all sectors on that PNR but wasn't sure in the case of separate tickets. The time between flights is 3 hours and the connection is at T5 if that makes any difference (BOS-LHR-LBA).
Old Jul 17, 2015, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Since it's BA->BA on separate tickets, BA rules would apply; not IATA 302, nor any *O agreements.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by linglingfool
Just noticed the same, is anyone aware if this information is still published somewhere other than SalesLink? I'm concerned AA may quietly change this policy without announcing so.
JonNYC posted this elsewhere: American Airlines Travel Agency Reference

... and the document: SalesLink - Booking and Ticketing Home
Old Jul 18, 2015, 3:53 am

thanks
Old Jul 18, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HarryKUK
If you travel on BA WT+ with an allowance of 2 pieces and then connect to a domestic UK service with an allowance of 1 piece on a separate ticket, do BA honour the allowance of the flight you have arrived on? I know if it's one ticket then the highest allowance applies to all sectors on that PNR but wasn't sure in the case of separate tickets. The time between flights is 3 hours and the connection is at T5 if that makes any difference (BOS-LHR-LBA).
No

But if it were through checked chances are no one would notice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.