Wiki Posts
Search

AA first vs CX business

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2014, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Gulf Air Falconflyer Gold
Originally Posted by frudd38
what route does KA have 3 cabin?
I have flown HKG-PVG and vv on KA and had three class cabins....

Eric
Old Aug 20, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
I may the outlier in this thread, but I'd take AA F over CX J any day, even for a longer connection. Ultimately, this is a matter of personal preference and which factors are more important to you personally. I value the extra space, significantly more usable space as well as more personal space, plus the bedding and other elements more than I care about the service (besides, I've mostly had terrific service in AA F). The new CX J (on the 773 and A330) is very nice, but it's still J.

In fact, I've recently switched some paid J routings to fly HKG-DFW on AA rather than HKG-ORD on CX so that I can upgrade to F.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Bumping this up with a similar question though not reward and with a couple other wrinkles / options

These are my options:

CX J (MLE - HKG - JFK) for ~1450
MH J / JL J (DEL - KUL - NRT - JFK) ~1450
AA F (ICN - JFK) for ~1700 (actually a J price or it would be in the MR forum already but it has confirmable A space so I was told by the EXP agent I could apply and confirm F space on the spot today with a 2/15 SWU). Also have a ~$1050 voucher that could be applied to this

CMB - AUH - JFK on EY J for ~1800

or

CMB - AUH - ORD - CLT - ORD - AUH - CMB for ~1900 and then using the other side of an award ticket to get back home

Final option is to utilize a pre-devaluation UA award ticket to fly RT OZ / NH F (if I don't use it for this I'll just have to manufacture a trip somewhere before I lose it)
Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by flyerdude88
Bumping this up with a similar question though not reward and with a couple other wrinkles / options

These are my options:

CX J (MLE - HKG - JFK) for ~1450
MH J / JL J (DEL - KUL - NRT - JFK) ~1450
AA F (ICN - JFK) for ~1700 (actually a J price or it would be in the MR forum already but it has confirmable A space so I was told by the EXP agent I could apply and confirm F space on the spot today with a 2/15 SWU). Also have a ~$1050 voucher that could be applied to this

CMB - AUH - JFK on EY J for ~1800

or

CMB - AUH - ORD - CLT - ORD - AUH - CMB for ~1900 and then using the other side of an award ticket to get back home

Final option is to utilize a pre-devaluation UA award ticket to fly RT OZ / NH F (if I don't use it for this I'll just have to manufacture a trip somewhere before I lose it)
What is the approximate date of the trip? Do you have other, more pressing uses for the 2015 SWUs? If not, I'd go with AA J upgraded into F. If you'd rather use the SWUs for an alternate trip, then go with CX J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.