Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has Tam Mercosur (PZ) joined OW by now?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2014, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Has Tam Mercosur (PZ) joined OW by now?

When TAM joined OW in May, unfortunately, they left out its smaller sibling, TAM Mercosur. As per their press release:

http://www.oneworld.com/news-informa...orld/maximized

That being said, the TAM paraguayan website is awash with OW logos and mentions of the OW alliance. Yet on the AA airline partner website, no mention of TAM paraguay and in fact their definition of eligible flights ("International refers to flights to/from Brazil to South America" https://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/e...rlines/TAM.jsp) would exclude PZ's flights to SCL, EZE, VVI (and soon LIM) as they are neither to/from Brazil.

Does anyone know if TAM Mercosur quietly joined OW by now? or is the OW branding on their site just sloppy web design on the part of big brother TAM airlines?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 2:04 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by speaker
Does anyone know if TAM Mercosur quietly joined OW by now?
They have not.

or is the OW branding on their site just sloppy web design on the part of big brother TAM airlines?
PZ does not have its own website.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Thank you KVS for the quick reply.
To your knowledge, should we anticipate them joining OW in 2014?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 3:05 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Thank you KVS for the quick reply.
To your knowledge, should we anticipate them joining OW in 2014?
To-date, we have not seen any specific joining date being mentioned.

Last edited by KVS; Jul 11, 2014 at 8:34 pm Reason: Update
Old Apr 9, 2015, 6:04 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Bumping this nearly a year after TAM joined - any news on when TAM Paraguay might be joining?
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:32 am

Another bump here as it's now been almost a year and a half, and it's still ambiguous any time I go to book a regional flight. JJ/PZ move around their operations all the time between each other. The first I was ever caught out on this was that there were two flights a day between EZE and GIG, one was JJ, the other PZ, but both sold and marketed as TAM. For awhile I think they went both to JJ. I'm unsure what they are now.

The other route I've been watching is EZE-ASU, which has gone back and forth over the last year between JJ and PZ as well. When it was JJ I could (and did) redeem avios on this route. Now it seems to be back to PZ and BA.com doesn't recognise the airports as being served by partners...

I realise that sometimes these relations are complicated, but given the way TAM markets (heck, I think PZ planes are painted in the same livery complete with oneworld logo), it should be less ambiguous. Amateur is the word that comes to mind for me...
Old Nov 8, 2015, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by DomesticGoddess
Bumping this nearly a year after TAM joined - any news on when TAM Paraguay might be joining?
More than eighteen months out now, LATAM merger also now completed, and it still seems like Tam Mercosur (PZ) was forgotten about.

Given that everything from their web site (shared with TAM) to their boarding passes (I have a few from my partner's recent trips between EZE and ASU) to their aircraft are emblazoned with the oneworld logo, but benefits such as miles and tier points on partners are consistently rejected, I am starting to feel that someone should take to task whoever has kept this from getting sorted. It's misleading to the point of being a deceptive marketing practice.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
Originally Posted by Schultzois
More than eighteen months out now, LATAM merger also now completed, and it still seems like Tam Mercosur (PZ) was forgotten about.

Given that everything from their web site (shared with TAM) to their boarding passes (I have a few from my partner's recent trips between EZE and ASU) to their aircraft are emblazoned with the oneworld logo, but benefits such as miles and tier points on partners are consistently rejected, I am starting to feel that someone should take to task whoever has kept this from getting sorted. It's misleading to the point of being a deceptive marketing practice.
Believe me, I would love to meet someone at Tam Fidelidade's HQ. Some small details seem to be completely forgotten about. All of Lan subsidiaries are part of OW except the tiny PZ. Maybe this has something to do with fees to be paid to the alliance? The biggest problem is there is no formal answer from JJ. And, in my experience, there will never be...
Old Nov 15, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Just noticed that on http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/pr...-benefits.jsp? it specifically states that "TAM Airlines (Paraguay) is currently not a part of oneworld."
Old May 18, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Just noticed that on http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/pr...-benefits.jsp? it specifically states that "TAM Airlines (Paraguay) is currently not a part of oneworld."
Confirmed that PZ is not currently in oneworld with an EXP agent by phone. After consulting the system she did say, however, that PZ flights are nonetheless eligible for AAdvantage miles earning on AA.
Old May 18, 2016, 3:34 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by ajnaro
Confirmed that PZ is not currently in oneworld with an EXP agent by phone. After consulting the system she did say, however, that PZ flights are nonetheless eligible for AAdvantage miles earning on AA.
My experience (just one flight last year) is that you earn Redeemable Miles but not Elite Qualifying Miles
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Just a guess but they may be trying to put it together with the EI announcement. 4 A320s and 1 destination (Ciudad del Este) is not a big announcement. Might just end up as a press release online. With EI, would be a side attraction, but would get coverage by the media.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Received a notice on travel agency news here in Taiwan that JJ and PZ will be folded into LA between Feb. and May 2018. Perhaps at which point PZ will become a OW affiliate? I also found some extensive information from Australia on how JJ and PZ will migrate from Amadeus to Sabre along with the change.

Chinese link: http://knowledge.1g.com.tw/news/airline/LA011118.pdf
English link: http://www.oetravel.com.au/file/download/44550
JAXBA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.