Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Proof of status when computer says no (and not physical car available)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2014, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, QF Silver

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone might have some advice.

My partner went with the AA Platinum challenge and made platinum on her flight to the UK on March 8th. Logging into her account on March 15th it was updated to Platinum....Great!!!

Now the problem is that BA and Qantas still don't recognise her as Platinum a MONTH later. She is flying EDI->LHR->SIN->MEL without a stop over in economy. She rang up BA who said to call AA...She called AA who said "Yes you are Platinum, we can see that for sure". So she calls back BA and finally gets onto someone who cares....She say that she is still ruby according to them but she will call OneWorld and confirm. The CS person calls OW and they confirm she is Sapphire. Now OW say that if can take more than a month for the systems to sync up to get status.....I have never heard of this length of time before...

The questions I have are :

- How long does it take to get BA and Qantas to recognise her OW status update? Has anyone experienced this one month update before?
- She is in the UK on a work trip and her official AA platinum card (the physical one) has not arrived in the mail yet so she can not just show the card at the lounges to get in (and computer says no). Will lounges accept the AA app on the Iphone, which has a virtual card showing status, as proof of status? I.e. has anyone actually done this before successfully
- Is there another way she can prove to the lounge what her status is? Printed account information from the AA.com web site for example? Something else?
- Is there any way of speeding up the process so that BA and Qantas recognise that she is OW sapphire?

Thanks for any advice....
Old Apr 10, 2014, 4:47 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
I have had a delete FF number-> logout of booking -> relogin to the booking ->re-enter FF number work for a booking with AA that hadn't been showing my updated CX status in the past...
Old Apr 10, 2014, 4:57 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Remove FF number through finnair.com
Enter FF number through the operating carriers website.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nux
Remove FF number through finnair.com
Enter FF number through the operating carriers website.
Thanks, tried that a number of times but still nothing. Also tried putting in her QF FF number, then change back, but still nothing...

Any other thoughts???
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA member since 1990 (lifetime PLT/OWS)
Who is the ticketing carrier for the BA / QF flights? You (or your partner) will need to request the ticketing carrier to remove the Aadvantage number from the PNR, "end the record", re-open the record, and then re-enter the Aadvantage number. The ticketing carrier should then recognize the updated status in their reservation system. This normally works when a change of FF status has taken place after the original ticket has been issued.

Good luck!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KIR@GCM
Who is the ticketing carrier for the BA / QF flights? You (or your partner) will need to request the ticketing carrier to remove the Aadvantage number from the PNR, "end the record", re-open the record, and then re-enter the Aadvantage number. The ticketing carrier should then recognize the updated status in their reservation system. This normally works when a change of FF status has taken place after the original ticket has been issued.

Good luck!
Thanks KIR....I will pass on the advice and see if she can get them to try this....much appreciated.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 4:21 am

Programs: CX (elite) and a few others (non-elite)
Ask AA to send her a soft copy letter confirming her status. You may be able to get away with an online web page showing her status but it depends on the dragons, sadly. Last year I had the exact same battle at LHR T5 - flights straddling membership year end, new card not arrived, CX showed my status as Diamond/emerald, BA system showed me as Gold/sapphire. Letter is your best bet.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:18 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by KIR@GCM

Good luck!
It doesn't matter who's the ticketing carrier. BA and QF use Amadeus and AA uses Sabre, so there are 2 records. One needs to have 1) Amadeus recognise her PLT status (which can take time) and 2) get the Amadeus record updated by removing FF number, ER (End transaction and Redisplay, not End the Record, lol), re-adding FF number, and then ER again.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
It doesn't matter who's the ticketing carrier. BA and QF use Amadeus and AA uses Sabre, so there are 2 records. One needs to have 1) Amadeus recognise her PLT status (which can take time) and 2) get the Amadeus record updated by removing FF number, ER (End transaction and Redisplay, not End the Record, lol), re-adding FF number, and then ER again.
Thanks...I will get them to give it a try....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.