Community
Wiki Posts
Search

quit work, 3mo rtw, complete newbie

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2014, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nguyenm9
Just realized I need to grab some visa for Doha, Moscow, Australia. A couple of calls on Friday resulted in no answers, voice mails, and busy signals. Looks like a painful path... any side doors for visas available?
For Australia look here on FT http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ocean...plication.html. But I think you do not qualify for the FT free service

There are companies who offer a service to get visa's, for a price. Google "visa services" or similar. Will depend on what passport you have
Old Mar 21, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: HH Diamond MR PLAT US Gold
First of all - Wish all the best - nguyenm9

RTW in my bucket list
Good learning from this thread - Thanks everyone sharing the information / experiences
May be some one explain me little more - what makes RTW cheaper if i start/end outside North America ??

Thanks
Old Mar 21, 2014, 1:58 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by ATWBY2020
May be some one explain me little more - what makes RTW cheaper if i start/end outside North America ??
Because all RTWs and similar products (like Circle fares etc.) are priced differently from one country to another, based, one assumes, on local economic conditions, supply/demand, etc.

The prices can be strikingly different, particularly with RTWs in premium cabins (business or first class as opposed to economy.) For example, a 4-continent business class Oneworld Explorer purchased and begun in South Africa will cost the equivalent of US$5,472 plus taxes and fees. The same ticket (with a different order of stops, obviously) purchased and begun in the USA will be $10,799; in Egypt $6,320, in Japan $7,669, in Australia $10,903, and in the UK $9962. As you can see, sometimes the difference in price is dramatic enough to justify flying somewhere just to start/end the RTW.

The prices change from time to time, and currency fluctuations can also play a major role. There are a couple of websites where you can see the base prices, or you can keep tabs on this forum where this is a major ongoing discussion topic.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: HH Diamond MR PLAT US Gold
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Because all RTWs and similar products (like Circle fares etc.) are priced differently from one country to another, based, one assumes, on local economic conditions, supply/demand, etc.

The prices can be strikingly different, particularly with RTWs in premium cabins (business or first class as opposed to economy.) For example, a 4-continent business class Oneworld Explorer purchased and begun in South Africa will cost the equivalent of US$5,472 plus taxes and fees. The same ticket (with a different order of stops, obviously) purchased and begun in the USA will be $10,799; in Egypt $6,320, in Japan $7,669, in Australia $10,903, and in the UK $9962. As you can see, sometimes the difference in price is dramatic enough to justify flying somewhere just to start/end the RTW.

The prices change from time to time, and currency fluctuations can also play a major role. There are a couple of websites where you can see the base prices, or you can keep tabs on this forum where this is a major ongoing discussion topic.
Thanks A Lot for quick but detailed response
Still learning ATW tricks

Thanks
Old May 19, 2015, 11:00 am
Original Poster

A little late on this but wanted to close the loop. In short, I had a great trip and oneworld business was definitely the way to go. I flew out of tokyo which ended up saving me 6k from a starting point of nyc. Made 6 continents and 21 countries in all.

I need to get to Antarctica to get my set of steak knives. :-)

So thankful for all the help here!

http://dontneeddontwant.blogspot.com...ng-around.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.