Wiki Posts
Search

heathrow terminal 4 lounges

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2014, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Red face heathrow terminal 4 lounges

sorry newbe question no ideal where else to ask
have Cathay Pacific Gold and will be flying from terminal 4 on a Qatar flight to Doha in economy. As gold is equivalent to oneworld sapphire, what lounges are available to me in terminal 4 and in Doha and which is the best I can get into with a guest ?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Squeezed
sorry newbe question no ideal where else to ask
have Cathay Pacific Gold and will be flying from terminal 4 on a Qatar flight to Doha in economy. As gold is equivalent to oneworld sapphire, what lounges are available to me in terminal 4 and in Doha and which is the best I can get into with a guest ?
Have a look at the QR forum.
As you are in coach, in particular:
DOH - Oryx Lounge:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...r-lounges.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...-terminal.html
LHR - Skyteam Lounge - you could also try the MH lounge:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ld-lounge.html
There are other relevant threads also.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the info, will try the Skyteam lounge and if time the MH lounge , looks like only option in Doha is the Oryx lounge.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 8:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Flew QR SIN-LON via Doha recently. You'll be disappointed with the Oryx lounge in Doha - it's poor, if you want a proper drink you'll have to ask (to be expected). But you'll be pleasantly surprised by the Skyteam lounge in T4 - very good.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
LHR T 4 lounge access 2017

Long layover to a KM flight. No BA or AA lounge there. Read mixed reports about AA EXP/OW Emerald member to the various lounges in T4 @ LHR. If there is access to more than one, is any one or are there some that are better than others?

Thanks
Old Feb 2, 2017, 6:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by remedy
Long layover to a KM flight. No BA or AA lounge there. Read mixed reports about AA EXP/OW Emerald member to the various lounges in T4 @ LHR. If there is access to more than one, is any one or are there some that are better than others?

Thanks
There is no lounge access based on OW status for travel on Air Malta
Old Feb 3, 2017, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
There is no lounge access based on OW status for travel on Air Malta
Yes, but are there lounges in Terminal 4 to which OWE members have access?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 7:38 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Lounge access on the basis of OWE is always based on the outbound flight. So no.

You may have access to an airside arrival lounge, depending on your inbound flight, but there aren't any that I am aware of in T4.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, but are there lounges in Terminal 4 to which OWE members have access?
If you are seeking access based upon your status, then you need to be flying a oneworld airline that day. From oneworld.com:
Enjoy exclusive access to premium airport lounges around the world with oneworld Emerald or Sapphire frequent flyer tier status. Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes with the equivalent of oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status can use lounges offered by oneworld airlines when departing on any flight marketed and operated by any oneworld member airline, regardless of cabin class being flown
Old Feb 3, 2017, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by christep
Lounge access on the basis of OWE is always based on the outbound flight. So no.

You may have access to an airside arrival lounge, depending on your inbound flight, but there aren't any that I am aware of in T4.
Arriving @ Terminal 3, so I could use the arrival lounge there before going to Terminal 4. I have 8 hours to kill!

I see from BA site that the Arrival Lounge is on a different level than the other lounges. Since I have to transfer to T 4, this may not be a problem. Since I have never used this lounge, and advice to share - getting there from arrival gate @ T3 -> arrival lounge -> T4?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arriving @ Terminal 3, so I could use the arrival lounge there before going to Terminal 4. I have 8 hours to kill!

I see from BA site that the Arrival Lounge is on a different level than the other lounges. Since I have to transfer to T 4, this may not be a problem. Since I have never used this lounge, and advice to share - getting there from arrival gate @ T3 -> arrival lounge -> T4?
Who are you arriving on? If AA, then yes you can access the AA arrivals lounge at T3. See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html

Transferring T3- T4 landside, you take the train.
http://www.heathrow.com/airport-guid...ween-terminals

With 8 hours, I would head into London or to Windsor. See the many threads in the UK and Ireland forum.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-ireland-484/
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:15 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
It seems that you may never have travelled outside the USA before so you may not understand that in almost all of the rest of the world arrivals and departures are separated, and you cannot access the departures area (which is where almost all lounges are) unless you have an onwards boarding pass and go through transit security.

Arrivals lounges are landside, which means you need to go through immigration and customs to access them, and you may only access them if you meet specific criteria for your inbound flight.

From T3 landside to T4 you can get the tube (subway in American). Then go back out of the UK through emigration & customs again.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 5:50 pm

Not to flog a dead horse, but:

* How much hassle is it to "go through immigration & customs" and "re-enter" T4 for the AirMalta flight compared to going to T4 and chilling out at a quiet place and working?
* Can you enter (and stay) at a gate-level lounge in T3 after arrival before going to T4?
* How easy is it to get to and from London in 8 hours? Could go to the Tate for the Giacometti exhibit.

Thanks,
Old Feb 3, 2017, 6:53 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
* How easy is it to get to and from London in 8 hours?
Very easy: https://www.heathrowexpress.com/
Old Feb 3, 2017, 7:29 pm

Plan C (or D...)

How about these:

*SkyTeam Lounge T4
£30.00
Enjoy Business Class faciltiies in the unique SkyTeam Lounge.
Complimentary facilities for Business or Leisure Book

*Plaza Premium T4 Departures
£30.00
Relax in this new Terminal 4 Lounge. Ideal for business or leisure travellers. Free Wi-Fi plus food from the buffet.

Worth it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.