Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar bookable for XONEX tickets soon

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2013, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Qatar bookable for XONEX tickets soon

Just spoke to the AA RTW desk and they say QR segments will be available for booking by this coming Monday.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 3:19 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
They can be booked on the online right tool now
(however you cannot book an itinerary with the first segment on QR)
Old Nov 4, 2013, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Ah. I was calling to change a segment on an existing ticket and she said that'll take one more week.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, Emirates Silver, Turkish Gold, Etihad Gold, Club Carlson Silver,
Been looking at this in the tool, and going from DOH-DXB on a 2-class First/Econ flight when travelling on a DONEx it wants to put you in economy on L bucket rather than as I was expecting (as per AA) First class on the A bucket.

Anyone know if this is just an issue with the rules being loaded incorrectly or is it a policy for QR? Hopefully they don't start doing this for AA as well!!
Old Nov 4, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by EDI-SYD
Been looking at this in the tool, and going from DOH-DXB on a 2-class First/Econ flight when travelling on a DONEx it wants to put you in economy on L bucket rather than as I was expecting (as per AA) First class on the A bucket.

Anyone know if this is just an issue with the rules being loaded incorrectly or is it a policy for QR? Hopefully they don't start doing this for AA as well!!
Yes, I noticed on Friday http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...l#post21712240 I sent a message to oneworld via their website, but of course have not heard back.

I bet QR didn't want to "cheapen" their product by allowing DONEs to book into A for their flights. Even though they do the same on tickets they sell.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Surely it will be sorted out the AA way I hope!
Old Nov 4, 2013, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by BobbySteel
Surely it will be sorted out the AA way I hope!
I agree, otherwise it further reduces the appeal of DONEX. There a some long flights to be put in Y. CAI-DOH is 1,278 miles.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
Ah. I was calling to change a segment on an existing ticket and she said that'll take one more week.
I was always under the impression that you couldn't add to old tickets as the rules are in place at the time you booked the ticket, which excludes QR....

It is the fact that you are following the original rules that protects you from price changes and other rule changes.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by moa999
I was always under the impression that you couldn't add to old tickets as the rules are in place at the time you booked the ticket, which excludes QR....

It is the fact that you are following the original rules that protects you from price changes and other rule changes.
I thought the same thing and asked back in the ex-KRT thread which was before MH joined. The answer at the time was you couldn't add carriers as they joined, but the practice now days seems to be that AA allows it.

Start here and read the next few posts http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...l#post21318700
Old Nov 4, 2013, 6:23 pm

To follow-up on this, I just spoke with the AA RTW desk and the agent said that when there are two classes a DONE should book into the highest class, as is seen with AA in the US. Now, as pandaperth points out in the other thread there is a specific exemption for the AA flights and not the QR flights.

She also mentioned that QR has not been loaded into their tariff system yet, so they can reserve seats but cannot re-issue tickets with QR legs. This was mentioned by BobbySteel. She said she didn't know why as all the other recent addition of airlines was done prior to them joining oneworld.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP

The booking of DONEx tickets into AA "A" class is applicable only for domestic US travel. It will not apply to QR or any other OW carrier as per fare rules :

NOTE - FOR FLIGHTS WHERE FIRST OR BUSINESS CLASS ‡
IS NOT OFFERED OR AVAILABLE PASSENGERS MAY TRAVEL
IN A LOWER CLASS IN THE APPLICABLE BOOKING CODE
FOR THAT LOWER CLASS. THE FARE FOR THE HIGHEST
CLASS USED APPLIES WITHOUT COMPENSATION.
EXCEPTION - FOR SERVICES WITHIN THE USA WHERE NO
BUSINESS CLASS IS OFFERED BUSINESS CLASS PASSENGER
MAY BOOK AND TRAVEL IN FIRST CLASS BOOKING CODE
- A - SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY
. THIS PROVISION
DOES NOT APPLY ON ANY FLIGHT WHERE BUSINESS CLASS
EXISTS BUT IS UNAVAILABLE FOR BOOKING.
I found something else where people hoping to circumvent existing rules between SWP and EU does not include ME... this has been updated :

TRAVEL BETWEEN SWP AND EUROPE/MIDDLE EAST ON A
SINGLE FLIGHT NUMBER OR BY SURFACE IS CONSIDERED
TRAVELLING SWP-ASIA-EUROPE/MIDDLE EAST THROUGH
THREE CONTINENTS.

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Nov 7, 2013 at 3:42 pm
Old Nov 7, 2013, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I found something else where people hoping to circumvent existing rules between SWP and EU does not include ME... this has been updated :
Only 9 days late http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...l#post21689395
Old Nov 8, 2013, 9:37 am
Original Poster

All sorted now. I was able to change a BA segment for my DONE from last year to a QR segment (w/ a stopover in DOH.) The only downside was, as mentioned elsewhere, regional QR flights are forced into 'L' economy inventory since there's no 'D' inventory. Hopefully this will change and I can get that fixed before my departure though.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 11:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
I looked hard at AONE vs DONE recently and in the end just went for D as probably 8/10 flights on my itinerary ended up in D as First class hardly seems to be operated on many of these OW airline sectors except on the major intercontinental routes so didn't seem like the extra few £k was justifiable at all. I did however ensure that my one trans-USA domestic with AA was booked on a 2 cabin flight only (and therefore into F) for the better tier points!!
Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:17 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by nh1980
I looked hard at AONE vs DONE recently and in the end just went for D as probably 8/10 flights on my itinerary ended up in D as First class hardly seems to be operated on many of these OW airline sectors except on the major intercontinental routes so didn't seem like the extra few £k was justifiable at all. I did however ensure that my one trans-USA domestic with AA was booked on a 2 cabin flight only (and therefore into F) for the better tier points!!
I do the same thing. Although it means that while I'm trying to maximize QF Status Credits, I won't be flying on the new A321Ts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.