New Oneworld lounge at ZRH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2013, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Smile New Oneworld lounge at ZRH

A new dedicated Oneworld lounge will open at Zurich Airport. The lounge is opposite the Dnata and to the right from the Skyteam lounge. It is on the airside, after security control but before passport control and the train to E gates.

The lounge is already visible through the glass front, though there is still work going on inside. I talked to some (non-oneworld) airport staff and they said it should open on 1 March 2013.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 9:48 am
Suspended

That is nice. I hope they have free wifi. The current Zurich wifi is awful that you have to have your mobile turned on to receive the code and I dislike it.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 9:37 am

I am flying out of Zurich on BA on 3 March. Hopefully something to sample beforehand.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:33 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Classified on http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access/ as a third-party lounge, though.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 3:54 am

Thumbs up Sitting in the new lounge at the moment...

I'm currently awaiting my BA flight to London and I have to say the lounge is great and I am really pleased that oneworld has finally joined the other alliances in providing a lounge facility for it's members. Looking forward to seeing more around the world soon.

Wifi is still provided by the airport, and I have been told that you can extend beyond the normal 60min limit, with a voucher (provided).

Nice selection of hot and cold food too!
Old Mar 1, 2013, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Classified on http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access/ as a third-party lounge, though.
Interesting. However, despite being operated by a third party (rather than a OW airline or own OW staff), it is clearly branded as OW. Also interesting: Your link shows RJ continues to use Dnata s lounge (?).
Old Mar 1, 2013, 9:41 am

There're some pics of new the OneWorld ZRH lounge on Iberia's Facebook page,

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0484973&type=1
Old Mar 2, 2013, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by swiss_global
Interesting. However, despite being operated by a third party (rather than a OW airline or own OW staff), it is clearly branded as OW. Also interesting: Your link shows RJ continues to use Dnata s lounge (?).
Originally Posted by julianin
There're some pics of new the OneWorld ZRH lounge on Iberia's Facebook page,

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0484973&type=1
I see it is really decorated as an OW lounge. Perhaps it is said to be operated by a 3rd-party so to exclude RJ PAX?
Old Mar 3, 2013, 7:51 am

Sitting in the lounge now. The oneworld placard outside the door has RJ's logo there. The BA logo has been taped out in the dnata lounge but AA and RJ are still on the dnata plaque.

Lounge is new but sterile. No tarmac views - windows overlook check-in 2. They are keeping the temperature very warm...
Old Mar 4, 2013, 2:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, AAdvantage, Miles&More, Miles&Smiles
A few photos are in the online edition of the swiss newspaper "20 Minuten" (german)
http://www.20min.ch/finance/dossier/...story/21765379
Old Mar 14, 2013, 3:12 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

More wines avail than Dnata
Old Mar 18, 2013, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Is the lounge located where passengers traveling to Schengen and non-Schengen destinations can both use the lounge?

If I am arriving on AA and connecting to AB, will I first clear passport control and then access the lounge?

Last edited by Time traveller; Mar 18, 2013 at 8:38 pm
Old Mar 19, 2013, 12:36 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Time traveller
Is the lounge located where passengers traveling to Schengen and non-Schengen destinations can both use the lounge?

If I am arriving on AA and connecting to AB, will I first clear passport control and then access the lounge?
Erm ... from the OP:

Originally Posted by swiss_global
It is on the airside, after security control but before passport control ...
If it is after security but before pass control, it is presumably within Schengen. Thus, if you arrive on AA, presumably from outside Schengen, then, yes, you will have to 'first clear passport control and then access the lounge'.

cheers,

Henry
Old Mar 19, 2013, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by henry999
Erm ... from the OP:

If it is after security but before pass control, it is presumably within Schengen. Thus, if you arrive on AA, presumably from outside Schengen, then, yes, you will have to 'first clear passport control and then access the lounge'.

cheers,

Henry
So PAX making a non-Schengen to non-Schengen (I-I) connection will not be able to use the lounge (unless passing through passport control)?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 3:33 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
So PAX making a non-Schengen to non-Schengen (I-I) connection will not be able to use the lounge (unless passing through passport control)?
That sounds correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.