Search

MH : Interesting article about MH's entry into OW on 1 Feb

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
MH : Interesting article about MH's entry into OW on 1 Feb

But also on what really happened between MH and QF...and their new planned relationship towards BA!

I have already posted about the article titled " New OneWorld member Malaysia Airlines seeks to finally turn the corner in 2013 but challenges remain "
here on this post ...http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19994116-post28.html

But as there are so many threads on MH's impending entry, this article is lost over at the Other Asian, Australian and South Pacific Frequent Flyer Programs forum and I feel that it would be more of interest to OneWorld flyers here.

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Jan 10, 2013 at 5:26 am Reason: Tidying up
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:45 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
With all things MY you cant be sure till it actually does happen and even then you cant be certain..MH is no exception.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:24 am

Maybe it is time to give QF the boot from OW.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
BA has now to decide who to go with: QR or MH?
IMHO they'll decide for QR, as it's more strategical and a deep partnership should bring many benefits to both the airlines.
I see MH as a good partner of "considered oneworld small carriers" like RJ, FY, LA, S7 and once they join UL.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 6:32 pm

Programs: QF Plat, HH Diamond
Can't wait so I can redeem Sydney to Maldives flights
Old Jan 11, 2013, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by themapelligroup
BA has now to decide who to go with: QR or MH?
IMHO they'll decide for QR, as it's more strategical and a deep partnership should bring many benefits to both the airlines.
Agreed, although there must surely be some interesting conversations taking place in BA HQ about now .
Old Jan 11, 2013, 3:19 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by headinclouds
Maybe it is time to give QF the boot from OW.
Why?
Old Jan 12, 2013, 8:58 am
Suspended

Always be aware that the analysis from CAPA only represent a side of opinion, not fact.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Originally Posted by Peregrinus
Agreed, although there must surely be some interesting conversations taking place in BA HQ about now .
In QR HQ too, as Al Baker is a perfectionist. The agreement between AA and QR may also suggest an "American-Europe-Asia" joint venture which may be game-changer.
BA would increase its presence across Africa, India and other Asian developing countries, as well as Australia (the introduction of 787 to PER with a good timing for passengers coming from LHR might be a signal).
QR would receive benefits from the many BA's transatlantic destinations across North America, where passengers can easily connect with AA.
AA would have new opportunities with both BA and QR for Asian and African routes.

IB could also be a strong partner for QR, as its presence in South America is probably QR's weak point.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 5:07 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by ashkale
With all things MY you cant be sure till it actually does happen and even then you cant be certain..MH is no exception.
Very true.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 6:32 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
I know alcohol won't be important to everyone, but alcohol in the J satellite lounge is now only available from a manned bar, just inside the entrance. The bar's not manned in the morning.

Overall the changes to the lounge, in anticipation of joining OW, have seen the deterioration of what was quite a good lounge. They have made the whole lounge one big open plan area, with no partitions, so as to free up more space, as they expect it to get busy and don't have room to expand.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 5:10 am

Programs: Executive Club Silver
Oneworld.com also confirms this date.

I don't see why BA cannot have an extensive aggreement with both QR and MH, eggs and one basket and all that. QR can provide good access to India, Pakistan, Middle East where there is huge demand from the UK. MH can provide links to South East Asia, again huge demand from the UK. Maybe BA can codeshare with both (and Cathay also) for Aussie traffic.

BA doesn't like extensive partnerships except for joint-ventures, but hopefully that changes.

MH provides decent coverage of SE Asia which is valuable, QF can still codeshare to Malaysia, Burma, Thailand and so on where EK is a poor option. MH already have a codeshare agreement with JAL for transpac flights and have codeshared with Cathay for years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.