Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

OW airlines participating in HKG e-channel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OW airlines participating in HKG e-channel?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:10 am

Status match to CX silver and you can get one.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 10:24 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Applied successfully using MH Silver FFP card.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, AC, DL Plat, Amtrk SE, AmEx Plat, Bonvoy Plat (via SPG), HH Gold, Accor Plat, WOH Dis
I applied successfully using a US APEC card last week. It seems the you don't actually need a HKG stamp on the back. I also offered by AA ExPlat card but the offer waived it way and said he did not need it.

When I arrived there was no one waiting and the process took < minutes.

That said, I have yet to be successful in getting the reader to read the passport on the back of my card, but that is a question for a different thread.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by BosTravel
I applied successfully using a US APEC card last week. It seems the you don't actually need a HKG stamp on the back. I also offered by AA ExPlat card but the offer waived it way and said he did not need it.

When I arrived there was no one waiting and the process took < minutes.

That said, I have yet to be successful in getting the reader to read the passport on the back of my card, but that is a question for a different thread.
I guess it just scans the passport information page instead of the barcode.

I just made a new passport (old one expired). Will need to enter via the manual queue and apply for E-Channel again using my MH FFP Card.
Old May 31, 2016, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Reportedly, AA now participates

Report in another thread of someone successfully enrolling (at the in-town office) with an AA Gold (physical) card. Good news.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26544915&postcount=18
Old Mar 26, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
I've read through this thread and haven't got a clear answer so here goes...

Do I need the physical FF card to do the registration at the airport? I am MAS Gold but I don't have my physical card for 2017. I didn't get one in the post in January and have applied for a replacement one but of course it's not arrived yet either.

I can print out the temporary FF card that has the number on it. Do they validate status when they register you at the airport or do they just eyeball the physical card?

Do we have evidence that you can register with provable status but not the physical card?

Thanks.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by ftrichard

Do I need the physical FF card to do the registration at the airport? I am MAS Gold but I don't have my physical card for 2017. I didn't get one in the post in January and have applied for a replacement one but of course it's not arrived yet either.

I can print out the temporary FF card that has the number on it. Do they validate status when they register you at the airport or do they just eyeball the physical card?

Do we have evidence that you can register with provable status but not the physical card?

Thanks.
It's no longer MAS but MAB. When I applied for for E-Channel in 2015, I showed my physical card. Since I have a new Passport now, will have to re-apply the next time I'm in HKG.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum

Thanks.
Technically, you do have to have the physical card, which they match against the booklet they have.That said, I find that the HKG e channel office folks are really chill, this comes from personal experience (they did not ask to see anything) and from reports on here,(this is in contrast with their Wanchai colleagues).
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
They just eyeball and do not validate the card. But, as to whether they'll accept other than an actual card, I don't know.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 2:09 am

Can you apply on your 3rd visit or does it have to be your 4th? Conditions say no fewer than 3 times in the past and I remember the officer telling me I could only apply after I visited 3 times.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Muckael
Can you apply on your 3rd visit or does it have to be your 4th? Conditions say no fewer than 3 times in the past and I remember the officer telling me I could only apply after I visited 3 times.
Technically on the 4th time, but as mentioned up thread, the team in the airport (unlike their Wanchai colleagues) is very chill about the requirements, so no harm in trying.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
Technically on the 4th time, but as mentioned up thread, the team in the airport (unlike their Wanchai colleagues) is very chill about the requirements, so no harm in trying.
I just went to the airport office (Nov 2015), showed my BA gold card, and was done in 15 minutes. 1st time to HKG since 2012.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by headinclouds
I just went to the airport office (Nov 2015), showed my BA gold card, and was done in 15 minutes. 1st time to HKG since 2012.
There is no number of entrances requirement, if you are a member of FFP of one of the participating airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.