Wiki Posts
Search

AA vs. BA JFK-LHR Business

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
AA vs. BA JFK-LHR Business

As the title explains I have a trip upcoming in September from JFK-LHR and was wondering if its better to go AA or BA. I am an AAdvantage Platinum member shooting for Exec Platinum this year.

I am flying the red eye going so comfort of bed is the most important thing to me.

Also, if you think BA is better do you prefer the 747 or the 777?

Thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:31 am

BA is infinitely better that AA in business class. AA's seats are angled, while BA's are fully flat and horizontal.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:40 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
I agree. I am actually able to sleep on BA's seats, which are fully flat. Three glasses of champagne also help.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by sjd2
As the title explains I have a trip upcoming in September from JFK-LHR and was wondering if its better to go AA or BA. I am an AAdvantage Platinum member shooting for Exec Platinum this year.
BA.

You miles should transfer to AA status.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:10 pm

Also, to answer your other question, I prefer the upper deck on the 747, especially the window seats on the exit row which has direct aisle access and extra storage by the window
Old Aug 22, 2011, 1:00 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
As AA Plat you can pre-select seats on BA flights, so go for a 747 and shoot for 62A/K or 64A/K upstairs. Best seats in the house.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
As AA Plat you can pre-select seats on BA flights, so go for a 747 and shoot for 62A/K or 64A/K upstairs. Best seats in the house.
+1. And I also agree with previous posters that BA easily beats AA and that the BA 747 (upper deck) trumps its 777.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: GP plat, SPG plat
Very old post, but figured I'd comment anyway.

AA product is still very old (at least based on my 2 recent legs), doesn't fully recline and has a 2-3-2 configuration...i.e. no privacy.

The power outlets are all DC, so unless you have your car adapter with you you can't get power!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.