Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

What is the Best Lounge at SIN (Changi)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2012, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards

I am PLT on AA, which I think is Sapphire equivalent for oneworld, and flying in Business class on BA.

What are my options and the best one? Looking for some decent food before boarding my overnight flight to LHR and thus avoid being awake for meal service.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Options are the QF/BA lounge or CX lounge.
Neither are excellent (not being home port lounges) but I think generally the QF lounge is better and probably has more food variety (pizzas, pasta and antipasto salads).

(For what its worth the ExecPlt/ Emerald options are not any better)

If looking to eat something substantial I would be looking at some of the excellent food options within SIN itself.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by aragno
I am PLT on AA, which I think is Sapphire equivalent for oneworld, and flying in Business class on BA.

What are my options and the best one? Looking for some decent food before boarding my overnight flight to LHR and thus avoid being awake for meal service.
If you're looking for decent food, look further than lounges...

Here's the list for Terminal 1

As a AA PLT and/or flying BA C you can visit both the CX C Lounge close to the start of D concourse, whereas the joint BA/QF C lounge is close to the C concourse. Plan available here

Beeing AA EXP /OW Emerald, I have only been to the respective F lounges. But if you have the time, why not try them both out?

Old Apr 24, 2012, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
I tried both. The CX lounge had better looking hot food but overall the BA/QF Business Lounge was superior with more seating, more drinks to choose from, and overall better. The CX lounge did have a nice view of the taxiways, etc while the BA one just looks out over the check-in counters.

Thanks for the guidance and it is nice to hear that I am not missing anything great in the First Class lounges.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aragno
I tried both. The CX lounge had better looking hot food but overall the BA/QF Business Lounge was superior with more seating, more drinks to choose from, and overall better. The CX lounge did have a nice view of the taxiways, etc while the BA one just looks out over the check-in counters.

Thanks for the guidance and it is nice to hear that I am not missing anything great in the First Class lounges.
Happy to see you took the advice of seeing both lounges. As per missing anything in F Lounges, there are only a handful that shines out as worth walking an extra distance for.

Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Note that the `CX Lounge` is not run by CX but by Changi Airport and the lounge is shared by other airliness as well. Thus you may not be able to gain entry to it unless you`re flying on CX.

Best lounge is BA and QF lounge.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Note that the `CX Lounge` is not run by CX but by Changi Airport and the lounge is shared by other airliness as well. Thus you may not be able to gain entry to it unless you`re flying on CX.

Best lounge is BA and QF lounge.
OP's and my own experience are that premium OW flyers are allowed entry
Old Feb 16, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Have a red-eye departure from SIN at 1:55 AM on a JL flight. The BA/QF F lounge closes at midnight, so we'll have to chose between the following 24hr lounges:

SATS Premier Lounge - Operated by a third party on behalf of: Japan Airlines

The Skyview Lounge - CX/AY

Which would people advise to use?
Old Feb 16, 2013, 6:01 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Have a red-eye departure from SIN at 1:55 AM on a JL flight. The BA/QF F lounge closes at midnight, so we'll have to chose between the following 24hr lounges:

SATS Premier Lounge - Operated by a third party on behalf of: Japan Airlines

The Skyview Lounge - CX/AY

Which would people advise to use?
Skyview. It is very quite there at that time of the day and has working power and wifi (unlike the SATS lounge).
Old Feb 19, 2013, 8:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Have the option of the Malaysian Lounge now as well, but went there a couple of weeks ago and wasn't impressed. The SKyview lounge has a nice quiet area just up some stairs if you need to work. Only ever used it when flying CX so no idea about entry without an invite letter....

Personally I've always preferred the BA/QF lounge but it only ups late afternoon and closes shortly after the last flight out in the evening.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Any updates on recommended SIN lounges for OW J flyers? Or still the same as a few years ago?

Thanks for any info.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 10:37 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Any updates on recommended SIN lounges for OW J flyers? Or still the same as a few years ago?
Things have changed a bit. QF and BA went there separate ways with QF taking the old Business lounge and BA the old First lounge. Both have been substantially renovated, and the MH lounge shut.

QF lounge is substantially larger and has a good buffet and a couple of daily on demand dishes, plus a proper bar. BA smaller with a buffet, but also has a Concorde Bar for First flyers.

Every other airline uses third party lounges spread over the 3 terminals - SATS/Dnata operated over the various terminals. CX will reportedly open a new lounge when it moves to T4
Old Apr 18, 2016, 2:03 am

Programs: QFF
JL uses the SATS lounge between the QF and BA lounges.
CX uses the Skyview lounge towards the other end of T1 from the BA/QF/JL lounges. The Skyview lounge was a joint operation between CX and Dnata, but it appears that CX turned full control over to Dnata and now just contract its use.

If flying on QF, you might be able to use the EK lounge.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thanks for the quick replies, folks.

I'm sitting in the BA lounge right now, having checked out the Dnata and QF lounges before settling in here. I wouldn't say there's a huge difference between the three, but BA was the quietest and most work-friendly (power outlets everywhere, including looking out the window into the terminal) when I compared the them at about 5 pm. It's filled up considerably now that we're pushing 10 pm, but still seems fine.

The BA lounge also has a few work stations for those not packing laptops or tablets. I didn't notice those in the other two lounges. Food offerings nothing special.

QF considerably larger, but not set up well in terms of outlets. Also, a distinct children's play area (though open to the rest of the lounge), which is a plus or or a minus depending on your perspective.

Last edited by Thunderroad; Apr 19, 2016 at 3:10 am
Old Apr 19, 2016, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Thunderroad

Thanks for any info.
Originally Posted by moa999
Things have changed a bit. QF and BA went there separate ways with QF taking the old Business lounge and BA the old First lounge. Both have been substantially renovated, and the MH lounge shut.

QF lounge is substantially larger and has a good buffet and a couple of daily on demand dishes, plus a proper bar. BA smaller with a buffet, but also has a Concorde Bar for First flyers.

Every other airline uses third party lounges spread over the 3 terminals - SATS/Dnata operated over the various terminals. CX will reportedly open a new lounge when it moves to T4
Unfortunately, if you have a morning flight from T-1, the only option is the SATS lounge, which leaves much to be desired.. Even the beverages are not well chilled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.