Pacific Circle pricing

Old Jan 29, 2012, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF PL (OW Emerald) Lifetime Gold; HGP Explorist; SPG Gold; HH Diamond
Pacific Circle pricing

I have just started planning a DCIR26, and was giving some thought to the best "jump off" point.

Once upon a time, all of the pricing for different departure points was on the oneworld web site, but this now appears to have been removed.

Does anyone have a link to current pricing ex-AKL, ex-MEL, ex-HKG, ex-SIN and ex-NRT?

thanks
Old Jan 29, 2012, 5:54 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
The link is in the useful reference links.
http://www.wandr.me/RTW_Fares.aspx/

Caveats that it includes some old fares that are no longer bookable as no oneworld airline flys there (eg Seychelles)
Old Jan 29, 2012, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

That's fantastic, thanks. No wonder OW have pulled the information - more than $5k difference booking ex-HKG from ex-SYD. Can do that leg on points and save the difference.

cheers^
Old Jan 29, 2012, 7:52 pm

Programs: QFF
Prices before taxes, in [departure] local currency

AKL 10,499
MEL 11,099
HKG 47,340
SIN 10,520
NRT 670,000
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:36 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
In all likelihood Oneworld stopped displaying the fares because more and more countries are requiring "advertised" airfares to include applicable taxes and fees. Since those will be different for virtually every ticket sold for RTW or similar trips, the easiest thing to do was just pull them.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

I see the seychelles is incredibly cheap for *ONE* fares, but there is no OW airline that flies there. How would that work?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:16 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
moa999 had already explained that there are some old fares displayed - that are no longer bookable because no OW airline flies there nowadays. He even specifically mentioned the Seychelles

Originally Posted by moa999

Caveats that it includes some old fares that are no longer bookable as no oneworld airline flys there (eg Seychelles)
Old Jan 31, 2012, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

oops

In my excitement, I forgot about the earlier post...
Old Jan 31, 2012, 7:47 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Also be careful of Phillipines for DONEWC - is actually the LONEWC price when checked with expertflyer
That one had me excited.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 11:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Also be careful of Phillipines for DONEWC - is actually the LONEWC price when checked with expertflyer
That one had me excited.
I just checked the underlying data source and it is still showing those fares as valid for the DONEWC bookings. Doesn't mean that it is correct, but that's what I'm seeing in the source the data is pulling from.

Last edited by sbm12; Feb 3, 2012 at 11:58 am
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Sorry for being dense, but how does one read the Fare Map? E.g., what do the colored circles with the numbers mean, and how do you use the information? What is this page telling us? I'm sure it's tremendously helpful, I just can't figure out how

(I know one can expand the "Fare Prices" and see a textual list of prices sorted by amount, but I have a feeling the "Fare Map" might be a great way to answer a question such as "What's the cheapest starting point in South America?")
Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA=EXP, former DL Platinum
Currency movements have made Korea an attractive starting point for these fares. A DCIR22 is $5008 ex ICN vs $5004 ex HKG according to Expert Flyer today, and similarly close for a DCIR26. In fact I ticketed a DCIR22 ex ICN a few days ago using a helpful Seoul travel agent.

This will be my first circle pacific after a steady stream of annual XONE's, but in fact for my business/personal travel patterns the circle pacific's are more convenient as I never really had a use for the Asia-Europe sector of a DONE3 or 4 and often ended up having to use it on a USA to Asia trip the long way.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Jerry_Maguire
Currency movements have made Korea an attractive starting point for these fares. A DCIR22 is $5008 ex ICN vs $5004 ex HKG according to Expert Flyer today, and similarly close for a DCIR26. In fact I ticketed a DCIR22 ex ICN a few days ago using a helpful Seoul travel agent.
With the prices being the same, why choose ICN rather than HKG?

Originally Posted by Jerry_Maguire
for my business/personal travel patterns the circle pacific's are more convenient as I never really had a use for the Asia-Europe sector of a DONE3 or 4 and often ended up having to use it on a USA to Asia trip the long way.
I'm considering either an ex-HKG DCIR26 or an ex-TLV/ex-AMM DONE3 to serve as positioning flights for a different ex-HKG DCIR22 and a quasi-mileage run to make sure I requalify. Because of the timing, the DCIR26 would let me enjoy sunny Australia while the ex-TLV/ex-AMM DONE3 would force a trip to Europe in February (brr!). But the DONE3 is significantly more flexible than a DIRxx.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by anabolism
Because you want to transit through HKG at some point?
From the rules:
G. Travel may not be via the point of origin
I'm considering either an ex-HKG DCIR26 or an ex-TLV/ex-AMM DONE3 to serve as positioning flights for a different ex-HKG DCIR22 and a quasi-mileage run to make sure I requalify. Because of the timing, the DCIR26 would let me enjoy sunny Australia while the ex-TLV/ex-AMM DONE3 would force a trip to Europe in February (brr!). But the DONE3 is significantly more flexible than a DIRxx.
EUR does include the Middle East which isn't all that cold in Feb.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: AA=EXP, former DL Platinum
ICN has two benefits for me. Most importantly I'm in Korea on business once, twice, sometimes more per year, whereas I'm far less frequently needing to stop in Hong Kong. But the other reason is it seems to me that economy (positioning) flight to Seoul tend to be quite a bit cheaper than to Hong Kong.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.