Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 29, 12, 5:33 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Melbourne/Singapore
Programs: QF P1 (OW Emerald) Lifetime Gold; SQ PPS; HGP Diamond; SPG Gold; HH Gold
Posts: 160
Pacific Circle pricing

I have just started planning a DCIR26, and was giving some thought to the best "jump off" point.

Once upon a time, all of the pricing for different departure points was on the oneworld web site, but this now appears to have been removed.

Does anyone have a link to current pricing ex-AKL, ex-MEL, ex-HKG, ex-SIN and ex-NRT?

thanks
dtm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 12, 5:54 pm   #2
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Programs: QF Plat LTG, DJ Plat, GA Silv, HHon Diam, SPG Gold, APEC BTC
Posts: 2,027
The link is in the useful reference links.
http://www.wandr.me/RTW_Fares.aspx/

Caveats that it includes some old fares that are no longer bookable as no oneworld airline flys there (eg Seychelles)
moa999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 12, 6:05 pm   #3
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Melbourne/Singapore
Programs: QF P1 (OW Emerald) Lifetime Gold; SQ PPS; HGP Diamond; SPG Gold; HH Gold
Posts: 160
That's fantastic, thanks. No wonder OW have pulled the information - more than $5k difference booking ex-HKG from ex-SYD. Can do that leg on points and save the difference.

cheers
dtm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 12, 7:52 pm   #4
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Programs: QFF
Posts: 4,079
Prices before taxes, in [departure] local currency

AKL 10,499
MEL 11,099
HKG 47,340
SIN 10,520
NRT 670,000
Himeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 12, 6:36 am   #5
Moderator, OneWorld
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: SEA
Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Posts: 7,058
In all likelihood Oneworld stopped displaying the fares because more and more countries are requiring "advertised" airfares to include applicable taxes and fees. Since those will be different for virtually every ticket sold for RTW or similar trips, the easiest thing to do was just pull them.
__________________
Photo collections: www.gardyloo.us
Save some kids' lives in Africa
Gardyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 12, 8:56 pm   #6
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Melbourne/Singapore
Programs: QF P1 (OW Emerald) Lifetime Gold; SQ PPS; HGP Diamond; SPG Gold; HH Gold
Posts: 160
I see the seychelles is incredibly cheap for *ONE* fares, but there is no OW airline that flies there. How would that work?
dtm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 12, 10:16 pm   #7
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PER
Programs: QFF NB, AA PLT, SQ, BD (rip)
Posts: 1,977
moa999 had already explained that there are some old fares displayed - that are no longer bookable because no OW airline flies there nowadays. He even specifically mentioned the Seychelles

Quote:
Originally Posted by moa999 View Post
The link is in the useful reference links.
http://www.wandr.me/RTW_Fares.aspx/

Caveats that it includes some old fares that are no longer bookable as no oneworld airline flys there (eg Seychelles)
pandaperth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 12, 5:32 pm   #8
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Melbourne/Singapore
Programs: QF P1 (OW Emerald) Lifetime Gold; SQ PPS; HGP Diamond; SPG Gold; HH Gold
Posts: 160
oops

In my excitement, I forgot about the earlier post...
dtm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 12, 7:47 pm   #9
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Programs: QF Plat LTG, DJ Plat, GA Silv, HHon Diam, SPG Gold, APEC BTC
Posts: 2,027
Also be careful of Phillipines for DONEWC - is actually the LONEWC price when checked with expertflyer
That one had me excited.
moa999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 12, 11:51 am   #10
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 61,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by moa999 View Post
Also be careful of Phillipines for DONEWC - is actually the LONEWC price when checked with expertflyer
That one had me excited.
I just checked the underlying data source and it is still showing those fares as valid for the DONEWC bookings. Doesn't mean that it is correct, but that's what I'm seeing in the source the data is pulling from.

Last edited by sbm12; Feb 3, 12 at 11:58 am.
sbm12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 12, 5:33 pm   #11
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
Posts: 4,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by moa999 View Post
The link is in the useful reference links.
http://www.wandr.me/RTW_Fares.aspx/
Sorry for being dense, but how does one read the Fare Map? E.g., what do the colored circles with the numbers mean, and how do you use the information? What is this page telling us? I'm sure it's tremendously helpful, I just can't figure out how

(I know one can expand the "Fare Prices" and see a textual list of prices sorted by amount, but I have a feeling the "Fare Map" might be a great way to answer a question such as "What's the cheapest starting point in South America?")
anabolism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 12, 6:58 pm   #12
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tampa, Florida
Programs: AA=EXP, former DL Platinum
Posts: 221
Currency movements have made Korea an attractive starting point for these fares. A DCIR22 is $5008 ex ICN vs $5004 ex HKG according to Expert Flyer today, and similarly close for a DCIR26. In fact I ticketed a DCIR22 ex ICN a few days ago using a helpful Seoul travel agent.

This will be my first circle pacific after a steady stream of annual XONE's, but in fact for my business/personal travel patterns the circle pacific's are more convenient as I never really had a use for the Asia-Europe sector of a DONE3 or 4 and often ended up having to use it on a USA to Asia trip the long way.
Jerry_Maguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 12, 2:43 pm   #13
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
Posts: 4,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry_Maguire View Post
Currency movements have made Korea an attractive starting point for these fares. A DCIR22 is $5008 ex ICN vs $5004 ex HKG according to Expert Flyer today, and similarly close for a DCIR26. In fact I ticketed a DCIR22 ex ICN a few days ago using a helpful Seoul travel agent.
With the prices being the same, why choose ICN rather than HKG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry_Maguire View Post
for my business/personal travel patterns the circle pacific's are more convenient as I never really had a use for the Asia-Europe sector of a DONE3 or 4 and often ended up having to use it on a USA to Asia trip the long way.
I'm considering either an ex-HKG DCIR26 or an ex-TLV/ex-AMM DONE3 to serve as positioning flights for a different ex-HKG DCIR22 and a quasi-mileage run to make sure I requalify. Because of the timing, the DCIR26 would let me enjoy sunny Australia while the ex-TLV/ex-AMM DONE3 would force a trip to Europe in February (brr!). But the DONE3 is significantly more flexible than a DIRxx.
anabolism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 12, 2:55 pm   #14
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Juneau, Alaska.
Posts: 7,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolism View Post
With the prices being the same, why choose ICN rather than HKG?
Because you want to transit through HKG at some point?
From the rules:
Quote:
G. Travel may not be via the point of origin
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolism View Post
I'm considering either an ex-HKG DCIR26 or an ex-TLV/ex-AMM DONE3 to serve as positioning flights for a different ex-HKG DCIR22 and a quasi-mileage run to make sure I requalify. Because of the timing, the DCIR26 would let me enjoy sunny Australia while the ex-TLV/ex-AMM DONE3 would force a trip to Europe in February (brr!). But the DONE3 is significantly more flexible than a DIRxx.
EUR does include the Middle East which isn't all that cold in Feb.
jerry a. laska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 12, 9:37 am   #15
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tampa, Florida
Programs: AA=EXP, former DL Platinum
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolism View Post
With the prices being the same, why choose ICN rather than HKG?
ICN has two benefits for me. Most importantly I'm in Korea on business once, twice, sometimes more per year, whereas I'm far less frequently needing to stop in Hong Kong. But the other reason is it seems to me that economy (positioning) flight to Seoul tend to be quite a bit cheaper than to Hong Kong.
Jerry_Maguire is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:35 pm.