Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Bought a DONEWC3, flown first leg and now want to change to a DONE4 - possible?

Old Jan 16, 2012, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Hey,

I bought a DONEWC3 and have flown the first leg. CPT-JNB, however I now want to change it completely and buy a DONE4 - any possibility or rules which allow me to?

I bought the DONEWC3 through Cathay and they made numerous mistakes, as a side point.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
c) Upgrading
(1) An Economy class Circle Trip Explorer fare may be upgraded to a higher tiered or First/Business class Circle Trip Explorer fare without fee.
(2) A Business class Circle Trip Explorer fare may be upgraded to a higher tiered or First class Circle Trip Explorer fare without fee.

(3) A First Class Circle Trip Explorer fare may be upgraded to a higher tiered Circle Trip Explorer fare without fee.
(4) Upgrading by sector to Business/First class is not permitted.
(5) At any time the Circle Trip Explorer fare may be used as credit towards payment of any higher fare from the point of origin provided the conditions of the higher fare have been met. No fee will apply. Where such credit is towards another Explorer fare, retroactive use will be permitted. Reissued tickets must be endorsed --NONREF/ XXX-- (XXX equals Circle Trip Explorer fare basis code) and the original Non-Refundable amount remains Non-Refundable. If the upgraded ticket is subsequently cancelled, the original fee will apply.
http://www.oneworld.com/tasks/downlo...?objectID=1169

You may want to bookmark the rules.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by 747-444
Hey,

I bought a DONEWC3 and have flown the first leg. CPT-JNB, however I now want to change it completely and buy a DONE4 - any possibility or rules which allow me to?

I bought the DONEWC3 through Cathay and they made numerous mistakes, as a side point.
I already see the first mistake in that you are not allowed to stopover in JNB as a first leg of the journey. Not in the same country anyway.

For reissues and upgrades, you can try other OW airlines but they will all point you back to CX for the repricing and reissue.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I already see the first mistake in that you are not allowed to stopover in JNB as a first leg of the journey. Not in the same country anyway.
For reissues and upgrades, you can try other OW airlines but they will all point you back to CX for the repricing and reissue.
I'm not sure where this comes from but there is nothing in the circle trip explorer rules limiting stopovers in the country of origin. There is a limit of two stopovers in the continent of origin.
8. PERMITTED STOPOVERS
Permitted.
Note: 1. Maximum two stopovers permitted in the continent of origin.
2. No stopover is permitted in Hong Kong if travel is via HKG – FCO on QF3860/3861.
http://www.oneworld.com/tasks/downlo...?objectID=1169
Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Any issue would relate to xONEx rules rather than those of the xCIRnn or xONEWCn fares.

There is a rule limiting stopover in the country of origin.

8. STOPOVERS
Permitted
NOTE:
  1. Minimum 2 stopovers required
  2. Maximum two stopovers permitted in the continent of origin of which a maximum of one stopover is permitted in each direction in the country of origin.
  3. Stopover permitted in Hong Kong if travel is VIA HKG – FCO on QF 3860/3861.
This caused me a real hassle when I last booked an ex AKL LONE4 - the AAgent at the AAround the world desk could not understand that MEL was not in the same country as AKL.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by serfty
Any issue would relate to xONEx rules rather than those of the xCIRnn or xONEWCn fares.

There is a rule limiting stopover in the country of origin.

This caused me a real hassle when I last booked an ex AKL LONE4 - the AAgent at the AAround the world desk could not understand that MEL was not in the same country as AKL.

But still, even if this was an xonex this stopover would be proper providing it was the only one in the country of origin outbound. Of course, this is all academic as there is no similar rule for the circle trip explorer.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The OP wants to change a DONEWC3 to an DONE4.

I don't see as issue with the JNB stopover, other than no other stopover can be had in South Africa before departing the country.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by serfty
The OP wants to change a DONEWC3 to an DONE4.

I don't see as issue with the JNB stopover, other than no other stopover can be had in South Africa before departing the country.
I was merely commenting on the previous poster's statement that the existing DONEWC3 was illegal with the incountry stopover. I agree with you completely otherwise.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.