Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Status Needed on Ticketing Date?! (BA flight/AA status)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2012, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold

I became a Platinum AAdvantage member in November through a challenge. In September, I bought a ticket on BA (LHR-FCO) (for tomorrow!). I booked through BA and manually added my AAdvantage number to my BA reservation. Upon check in, my boarding pass did not show my status.

When I called BA, they were confused, so then called AAdvantage. The lady was surprised when she returned, and informed me that AA would not let me use my plantinum status on my flight tomorrow because I was not elite at the time that my BA ticket was purchased.

This sounds totally insane to me. Anyone have any thoughts for me before I head to LHR tomorrow and try to convince them to let me Fastrack?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: AA CK, SPG Plt, Marriott Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC
Fastrack has nothing to do with Elite Status. Only F&J pax get Fastrack regardless of status.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:40 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by nitrobass24
Fastrack has nothing to do with Elite Status. Only F&J pax get Fastrack regardless of status.
If you're referring to Fastrack through LHR immigration upon arrival, then you are correct - only available to F&J customers; if you are referring to Fastrack security lanes at LHR then that is incorrect, I use those lanes all the time (and I travel exclusively in Y or Y+) based on my BA status. I do not know if this is a BA benefit or a Oneworld benefit though.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 8:16 am

Programs: AA CK, SPG Plt, Marriott Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by marwanb
If you're referring to Fastrack through LHR immigration upon arrival, then you are correct - only available to F&J customers; if you are referring to Fastrack security lanes at LHR then that is incorrect, I use those lanes all the time (and I travel exclusively in Y or Y+) based on my BA status. I do not know if this is a BA benefit or a Oneworld benefit though.
Good Point I forget they have the same name...damn you BA.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 5:06 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: OneWorld Alliance

Programs: AA ExecPlat & 3MM; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by marwanb
In terminal 5, I have been told several time that this is only a BA benefit and was directed to go the the regular security line after showing my AA ExP card and/or OW Emerald on the boarding pass.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Sagy
In terminal 5, I have been told several time that this is only a BA benefit and was directed to go the the regular security line after showing my AA ExP card and/or OW Emerald on the boarding pass.
YMMV - T5 In June the emerald oval on my QF Plat card was carefully noted and we were pleasantly asked to join the Priority Queue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.