Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Comments re availability of A space?

Old Jan 11, 2012, 9:02 am
Original Poster

It's going on 4 years since I flew my last RTW. Things were going down-hill from the glory days when airlines were competing to roll out the nicest first-class suite: fuel was expensive, capacity was being cut, etc. We were three, and the only airline that was endemically hard to book (in front) was SQ.

How now? The itch is getting stronger. Is it relatively easy to find A space for more than one pax on the likes of CX and BA? What about QF and their 380?

There are occasionally threads about which routes still have first class. Is that also an endangered species in OneWorld?

Last edited by JohnAx; Jan 13, 2012 at 11:16 am Reason: amplify question
Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:18 pm

Programs: QF Plat / OWE (Lifetime Gold), Aeroplan SE, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Avis Pres't Circle
I fly an AONEx twice a year and have not had any difficulty getting A inventory for up to 2 pax on those routes that still offer first class. I've even requested QF, BA and CX to make an additional A class seat available from time to time without difficulty - it usually takes 24 hours for the request to be confirmed.

The routes that still have first class are decreasing though - long haul routing through MEL, SYD, SIN, HKG, NRT, LHR, JFK, ORD, SFO and LAX will maximise your first class chances.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for that, Chalkie. I understood the 'disappearing routes' concern and perhaps extrapolated from that to seat-availability issues.

Can't wait to finally get some AA pj's

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.