Wiki Posts
Search

Any other way to JNB or CPT instead of BA out of LHR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2011, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat 3MMiler
Any other way to JNB or CPT instead of BA out of LHR

Looking to use AAdvantage miles to travel to South Africa in F or J, but took a look at the Tax/Fee's with BA out of LHR ($700+ per ticket). OUCH. I can't seem to make it work any other way. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THanks
Old Nov 30, 2011, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Harveynics
Looking to use AAdvantage miles to travel to South Africa in F or J, but took a look at the Tax/Fee's with BA out of LHR ($700+ per ticket). OUCH. I can't seem to make it work any other way. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THanks
IB via MAD. CX via HKG. QF via SYD.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat 3MMiler
Sorry about that, should have been a bit more clear. We will be flying AA metal (hopefully) from the US so I can burn some SWU.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Harveynics
Sorry about that, should have been a bit more clear. We will be flying AA metal (hopefully) from the US so I can burn some SWU.
Are you planning on purchasing a ticket or using miles?

If you are buying a ticket you can use an AA SWU on the AA flight, if you are using miles you cannot. If you want to use AA miles you can fly AA to MAD and then fly IB MAD-JNB. If you are purchasing a ticket fly AA to MAD (use your VIP/SWU) and then use AA miles on IB MAD-JNB.

Similarly you could buy a ticket on AA to PVG (use your VIP/SWU) and use miles on CX to JNB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.