Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AONE4 from Khartoum

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2011, 4:40 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
KVS gives an exchange rate of USD1 - SDG 3.1 so the USD price is less than USD 6000 for a AONE3. Not sure which rate is the right one however.
EF says 7598.00(USD)
Old Jun 15, 2011, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat
Originally Posted by AA EXP DFW-LON
Based upon the European rules, you have to terminate at the same location as you originate so you will need to end in KRT which means assuming you are headed to/from London to on a F flight, then you will need 4 segements getting/to from KRT which is a big negative on the ticket.
When i've done sample routing on the online booking tool it lets me terminate in eg Muscat or elsewhere in the Middle East
Old Jun 15, 2011, 6:11 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by BrewerSEA
I'm quite confused. Are you trying to plan a Oneworld Explorer or a Circle Atlantic ticket, because your examples appear to be the latter
Was looking at an xONE but just looking at the Euro segments which are important for an ex-KRT departure

For xxxx- replace with Asia/SWP/Africa/Sth America as you see fit. It was predicated on people buying AONEs wanting to maximise F experiences which limits your routings and makes TATL relatively important.

Originally Posted by pianoperson
When i've done sample routing on the online booking tool it lets me terminate in eg Muscat or elsewhere in the Middle East
Interesting. I had been thinking that it may fall into the Africa exception, Africa not necessarily being fully defined.

A bit worried about the massive differences in the x-rate
Old Jun 15, 2011, 6:40 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by BrewerSEA
EF says 7598.00(USD)
Which would mean an exchange rate of 2.34. This seems to be all over the place.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 7:22 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
KVS gives an exchange rate of USD1 - SDG 3.1 so the USD price is less than USD 6000 for a AONE3. Not sure which rate is the right one however.
I queried this in the KVS thread last month
KVS replied
Originally Posted by KVS
It's a SDG currency issue. The IATA ROE is currently set to 3.10, while the BSP/interbank rate is around 2.67. The Base Fare is 14 700 SDG:
(He quoted SDG14,700 as the base fare for a DONE4 ex-KRT)

So, it seems that if you book through the on-line booking engine, then AA uses the current exchange rate, as specified by a bank not by IATA. Seems fare enough to me.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by AA EXP DFW-LON
Based upon the European rules, you have to terminate at the same location as you originate so you will need to end in KRT which means assuming you are headed to/from London to on a F flight, then you will need 4 segements getting/to from KRT which is a big negative on the ticket.
I have been looking at booking recently AONE6 from KRT. On the return flight, you can terminate in AMM. Saves a segment that way.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 8:16 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by pandaperth
Seems fare enough to me.
Indeed "fare" enough! Thanks for the clarification, pandaperth!
Old Jun 17, 2011, 12:46 am

I can go through the booking process on www.oneworld.com for ex-AMM itineraries with first flight on RJ which book through AA but if I try to book ex-KRT I can get to the pricing page but when I click on the book button I keep getting the following:

The following error(s) occured

Our lowest fares are not available for the destination and date requested. Please return to the homepage and click on the ?search by schedule? button to find our most attractive fares. (5685 - 2201)

Any other experiences with this?
Old Jun 17, 2011, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I can go through the booking process on www.oneworld.com for ex-AMM itineraries with first flight on RJ which book through AA but if I try to book ex-KRT I can get to the pricing page but when I click on the book button I keep getting the following:

Our lowest fares are not available for the destination and date requested. Please return to the homepage and click on the ?search by schedule? button to find our most attractive fares. (5685 - 2201)

I've just been through the motions for a saved ex-KRT DONE4 of mine - I got right through to where I would enter my credit card details. So the tool appears to be working OK.

What is your proposed itinerary? Maybe there is something 'wrong' with it that is not picked up until further along the process?
Old Jun 17, 2011, 2:19 am

Indeed "fare" enough! Thanks for the clarification, pandaperth!
Argh!! An inadvertent pun!!
Old Jun 17, 2011, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by pandaperth
I've just been through the motions for a saved ex-KRT DONE4 of mine - I got right through to where I would enter my credit card details. So the tool appears to be working OK.

What is your proposed itinerary? Maybe there is something 'wrong' with it that is not picked up until further along the process?
Thanks for going through the motions pandaperth- the itinerary that gave me the above error was KRT-AMM-LHR-DFW with the LHR-DFW on a BA-operated AA-coded flight. By changing the transatlantic to an AA-operated flight the error disappeared. I don't know if that was the reason for the error but it seems to resolve it
Old Jun 17, 2011, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat
booking error

HI
I"ve had the same experience yes in setting up dummy bookings but it's always been because of some error along the way that the online booking tool hasn't picked up on.
I've managed to get through to the payment page etc but have not yet purchased as I"m hoping to get some information on possible transit/turnaround in KRT without having to get a visa etc

If you've any information that would be great!

Cheers
Old Jun 17, 2011, 7:14 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by pianoperson
HI
I"ve had the same experience yes in setting up dummy bookings but it's always been because of some error along the way that the online booking tool hasn't picked up on.
I've managed to get through to the payment page etc but have not yet purchased as I"m hoping to get some information on possible transit/turnaround in KRT without having to get a visa etc

If you've any information that would be great!

Cheers
I'm going to say this again, you cannot do a AMM-KRT-AMM turn around. This is not considered TWOV. I *highly* doubt RJ would let you onto the AMM-KRT flight. I had issues in AMM just two days ago trying to go to EBL because I didn't have a visa. The man at the RJ counter very carefully reviewed the timatic information before finding the exception for travel to Kurdistan by EU/US/Canadian/Japanese citizens.

I recommend either booking a refundable flight and past KRT and cancelling it once you arrive, or entering KRT from another location. Perhaps CAI? You could also enter from your final ME destination. Say you wanted to end in DXB. Buy your round trip positioning flight to DXB and a separate o/w on Flydubai, which is a LCC to KTM. In other words Origin-DXB-KRT-AMM-LHR-xxRTWxx-DXB-Origin.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 7:59 am

Ethiopian Air have good connections from JNB via ADD to KRT and a 3 hour connection to RJ's KRT-AMM service The big question is: Is punctuality something that is highly valued in Ethiopia???????

Business Class JNB-ADD-KRT is $US1250ai and the saving on an AONE5 ex-KRT versus an AONE6 ex-CPT is around $US5600
Old Jun 17, 2011, 9:50 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Ethiopian Air have good connections from JNB via ADD to KRT and a 3 hour connection to RJ's KRT-AMM service The big question is: Is punctuality something that is highly valued in Ethiopia???????

Business Class JNB-ADD-KRT is $US1250ai and the saving on an AONE5 ex-KRT versus an AONE6 ex-CPT is around $US5600
The ADD-KRT segment is a steal when purchased as part of a longhaul ET flight. If one wanted to buy just KRT-ADD then this is a relatively costly exercise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.