Search

Lounge Access Questions Platinum AAdvantage

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2010, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage
Lounge Access Questions Platinum AAdvantage

Hi guys,

This is the first time I am posting here so please move this thread if not in right place. I am a Platinum AAdvantage member. I am going to India next month. I have a flight from ORD-LHR on British. Am I allowed to go to any lounges in Chicago or London? I have never been to a lounge. Thanks.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 3:37 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by baseball550
Hi guys,

This is the first time I am posting here so please move this thread if not in right place. I am a Platinum AAdvantage member. I am going to India next month. I have a flight from ORD-LHR on British. Am I allowed to go to any lounges in Chicago or London? I have never been to a lounge. Thanks.
As AA Plat you'll have access to the BA lounge at ORD. If you're flying BA on to India, then you'll also have BA lounge access in London; otherwise if you're not on BA you won't.

What class of service are you in (coach, WT+, business, first)? In business or higher, then you'd get lounge access regardless of your Oneworld Sapphire status.

Oh and welcome to FT!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See:
http://www.oneworld.com/ow/ffp/lounge-access
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:38 am

Programs: AA, AS, Hyatt
There's an extensive thread on this subject here:
Help Desk: Lounge Access Rules

Also, my oneworld Lounge Access Wizard.

Peace.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage
Thanks for the info. I am flying coach.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 3:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Enjoy the BA Lounge in LHR. The J Lounge there is better than any of AA's Flagship Lounges.

Originally Posted by baseball550
Thanks for the info. I am flying coach.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Admirals Club, IHG Platinum Elite, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Gamecock
Enjoy the BA Lounge in LHR. The J Lounge there is better than any of AA's Flagship Lounges.
Agree. I think most of the international One world lounges are better than the AA flagships. I spend a lot of time in the QF lounges in Sydney, Auckland, Brisbane and they are nice.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 5:57 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Gamecock
Actually, I think the AA Flagship Lounge at JFK is as nice as the BA J lounge. BA F or Concord Room is a different animal however.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Actually, I think the AA Flagship Lounge at JFK is as nice as the BA J lounge. BA F or Concord Room is a different animal however.
I'd also rate the AAFL over BA J at JFK, in fact I'd rate it over BA F at JFK too. Pity they're in different terminals.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 5:32 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by tauphi
I'd also rate the AAFL over BA J at JFK, in fact I'd rate it over BA F at JFK too. Pity they're in different terminals.
I agree. But I was actually talking about AA at JFK vs. BA at LHR.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
I may even prefer the AA Flagship at JFK over the LHR T5 F lounge. The latter is often to crowded and the food offerings not of great quality. And: staff at AA louinges are alsways so helpful for queries and problem solving. I do like the F lounge at LHR T3 though. Smaller but nices atmosphere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.