Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:34 pm

I don't feel comfortable flying with a Arab carrier.I will call AA to see if they can

Originally Posted by christep
Spend the money instead on getting educated about correctly evaluating risks, then fly on Malaysian or Jordanian. You'll be better off both financially and intellectually as a result.
Haven't posted on FT often. Now I remember why

Last edited by Gardyloo; Jul 21, 2017 at 7:23 am Reason: ad hominem infringement
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:36 pm

I called AA and explained my fears with Jordanian ,so the CR gave me a Cathay seat.TG!
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Removed
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:38 am

Programs: Bangkok Airways, British Airways
Using more than one frequent flyer programme on one journey

Hi all,

Please forgive what is probably the most basic of questions - I'm trying to work out whether I can use two frequent flyers programmes on one journey.

I'll soon be flying one-way to London from Phnom Penh (with Finn Air via Helsinki and Bangkok). The Phnom Penh to Bangkok leg is operated by a codeshare with Bangkok Airways.

Having worked around SE Asia for a while I have a good (Premier) status with Bangkok Airways which gives me access to their nicer lounges and a quick check in. I also have about 30,000 Avios through BA but zero tier points.

I understand (thanks to this forum) that if I give my BA details at check in, I will get no points for the Bangkok leg. On the other hand, if I give my Bangkok Airways details I will not get any points with Bangkok Airways for the Bangkok to London part of the route. So my question is, is there a way to use both programmes on this journey- so that I can have Bangkok Airways nice lounge access for the first leg but still get Avios for the remainder?

Many thanks for your help!
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Confuse
I'll soon be flying one-way to London from Phnom Penh (with Finn Air via Helsinki and Bangkok). The Phnom Penh to Bangkok leg is operated by a codeshare with Bangkok Airways.
Welcome to FlyerTalk Confuse!

I think you're saying that the PNH-BKK leg is sold under the AY code but operated by PG? As you mentioned, you wouldn't get points to BA in that case, but probably wouldn't get any to PG either. You may as well add your BA number to the whole itinerary, and leave it there, but show your PG card at their check-in and lounge to be able to use them without necessarily adding the number to the booking.

Yes, it can be possible to add more than one number, depending on airline system used - but showing your PG card should accomplish what you need for the PG flight.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: Bangkok Airways, British Airways
Originally Posted by JAXBA
Welcome to FlyerTalk Confuse!

I think you're saying that the PNH-BKK leg is sold under the AY code but operated by PG? As you mentioned, you wouldn't get points to BA in that case, but probably wouldn't get any to PG either. You may as well add your BA number to the whole itinerary, and leave it there, but show your PG card at their check-in and lounge to be able to use them without necessarily adding the number to the booking.

Yes, it can be possible to add more than one number, depending on airline system used - but showing your PG card should accomplish what you need for the PG flight.
Many thanks JAXBA! Yes it's a PG flight but bought under AY. It didn't occur to me that I could just show my card at the check in- I'm so used to my PG status already being on the booking! I've gone ahead and put my BA details on the itinerary... Now I just need to remember where I put that PG card ;-)
Old Jul 30, 2017, 10:39 pm

I'm flying
SFO-TPE-SGN in Y on Eva
and then
SGN-DOH-JNB in J on Qatar

Is it possible to access the oneworld lounge in TPE if I show my SGN-DOH Qatar boarding pass? I was reading the fine print and it doesn't really make this scenario clear
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by MCIdave
I'm flying
SFO-TPE-SGN in Y on Eva
and then
SGN-DOH-JNB in J on Qatar

Is it possible to access the oneworld lounge in TPE if I show my SGN-DOH Qatar boarding pass? I was reading the fine print and it doesn't really make this scenario clear
Im guessing as long as your flying in J...should be able to get in...
Old Jul 31, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by mrx900
Im guessing as long as your flying in J...should be able to get in...
No, he can't.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Making a less-than-24-hour trip to LHR to make a quick visit to Brighton.

I am staying the night at the T4 Premier Inn and I guess I could leave my HBO-sized luggage there, but to save time before my flight in the evening, is there somewhere secure to leave the bag in-terminal?

My evening flight will be on BA to ABZ, not sure if it is a T5 or T3 departure.

Thank you before hand for any ideas!

Last edited by LCSinTexas; Aug 4, 2017 at 8:12 am
Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:22 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Hi

There is a left luggage place downstairs in T5 (arrivals). I think it is The Left Luggage Company. If you are out of T3, you would need to give yourself 30 mins. to make the transfer, all land side.

Update - Aberdeen is T5, so all easy.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
Making a less-than-24-hour trip to LHR to make a quick visit to Brighton.

I am staying the night at the T4 Premier Inn and I guess I could leave my HBO-sized luggage there, but to save time before my flight in the evening, is there somewhere secure to leave the bag in-terminal?

My evening flight will be on BA to ABZ, not sure if it is a T5 or T3 departure.

Thank you before hand for any ideas!
Or is it even possible that I can check in my bag for my evening flight as early as the morning? I'm flying Club and I am Silver. Just not used to UK domestic flights, usually I am all LH
Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:25 pm

Hi all,

I have searched and searched for answers on this on the board to no avail. I just got the Starwood Amex card, and I would like to do some MS on it to hit the 3k. I am not worried about doing money orders to get gift cards back in my account, I can just use them as cash until they run out.

AMEX T&Cs state no prepaid cards which means I can't buy AMEX gift cards. Are there any places that still let you buy $500 gift cards with credit cards? I know you can on Simon Mall online (which directs you to giftcardmall, which I'm guessing would flag it as a prepaid card). Im also guessing giftcards.com would be flagged as well.

This was a lot easier when I did the Southwest Chase card a couple years ago and just bought AMEX cards to hit the spending goal needed, AMEX seems to be a lot more complicated.

Any help with current locations to buy cards that won't be flagged would be greatly appreciated!
Old Aug 5, 2017, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
Or is it even possible that I can check in my bag for my evening flight as early as the morning? I'm flying Club and I am Silver. Just not used to UK domestic flights, usually I am all LH
As you are a BA silver, you may drop your bag from 05:00 on the morning of the flight. This benefit would also apply without status as you are travelling in Club.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...rt/heathrow-t5
Old Aug 5, 2017, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas
As you are a BA silver, you may drop your bag from 05:00 on the morning of the flight. This benefit would also apply without status as you are travelling in Club.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...rt/heathrow-t5
Thank you Calchas for once again having the answers I am looking for. This just solved the last ??? I had for my upcoming "short" (time and distance wise) trip. ^

LcS

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.