Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Himeno
Will now have to find another way to look at Amadeus PNRs.
I can wholeheartedly recommend My Flights, either the iOS app or the web version.

http://www.myflightsapp.com/

It has saved my bacon on a few occasions when BA cancelled a flight and neglected to tell me (and once when IB voided a ticket for no reason, also without telling me).

It is created and designed by schofs, whom I have met at a FlyerTalk do (admittedly while I was very drunk).
MyFlights App likes this.

Last edited by Calchas; Sep 5, 2017 at 2:15 am
Old Sep 5, 2017, 4:40 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Calchas
I can wholeheartedly recommend My Flights, either the iOS app or the web version.

http://www.myflightsapp.com/

It has saved my bacon on a few occasions when BA cancelled a flight and neglected to tell me (and once when IB voided a ticket for no reason, also without telling me).

It is created and designed by schofs, whom I have met at a FlyerTalk do (admittedly while I was very drunk).
There is a very useful review of My Flights on 'Head For Points', by FT's very own Raffles
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
The myflightsapp worked like a charm, i only needed to enter the BA locator to get just about all the info I needed.

So now my only problem/question is how many AA miles will I earn? I understand the revenue based FFP model, but it's always made harder when you A) didn't book on their site B) have an itinerary that is mixed airlines C) an itinerary that largely isn't on AA and D) an itinerary where the longest flight isn't on AA.

I've got YVR-YYZ (WS) YYZ-PHL (AA) PHL-DUB (AA) DUB-LHR-YYC (BA) YYC-YVR (WS)

It was probably gonna be a foregone conclusion to credit to AA just because it's the only way I'll get any credit for the WS flights. I don't mind getting nothing for YYC-YVR but flying clear across the continent for 5 hours to YYZ, I don't like giving it all away there.
MyFlights App likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
checkmytrip works with Amadeus PNRs, however it's gone bad in recent years with the only useful part of the site now appearing to have been removed, becoming an app that works as well as TripIt. ie, not at all.

Will now have to find another way to look at Amadeus PNRs.
C-W-S posted this in the BA forum, which still works the old fashioned way (for now): https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...&SITE=XCMTXXNS
Calchas likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist, Wait I have an Ambassador?, National Exe. Elite, AA Gold, UA Silver
Believe it or not, this is my first time earning miles on a round trip ticket.

I have a multi-segment round trip flight from LAX-LHR-JNB-LHR-CDG-DFW-LAX coming up in November. The flight is marketed by BA, who also operated all but the CDG-DFW and DFW-LAX segments (operated by AA). I will be crediting the flight to my AA account.

Would I receive the miles (both award and EQM) after each segment or would I have to wait till the entire trip is finished?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:43 am

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Quick question - this has probably been answered elsewhere but figured this would be the easiest place to find an answer. I almost exclusively fly SQ and by extension, *A so how other alliances work is a mystery to me.. Anyhow:

Can get: CX Asia Miles, BA Avios. Need to do credit card transfer though, and obviously don't want to do it unless I can get what I want.
Want: JAL redemption.

What's the easiest way to search for award availability? I've been to the Asia Miles website, but I need to write in to check availability, and I'm not sure if I can do that if I don't have the miles needed.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by elleana
Quick question - this has probably been answered elsewhere but figured this would be the easiest place to find an answer. I almost exclusively fly SQ and by extension, *A so how other alliances work is a mystery to me.. Anyhow:

Can get: CX Asia Miles, BA Avios. Need to do credit card transfer though, and obviously don't want to do it unless I can get what I want.
Want: JAL redemption.

What's the easiest way to search for award availability? I've been to the Asia Miles website, but I need to write in to check availability, and I'm not sure if I can do that if I don't have the miles needed.
Avios is your friend in this case, you’ll see availability for JL on the website (I believe flights are only shown IF there is availability though). Just sign up and you’ll be ready to search right away
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Plat SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by yeeeeperdiems
Believe it or not, this is my first time earning miles on a round trip ticket.

Would I receive the miles (both award and EQM) after each segment or would I have to wait till the entire trip is finished?
You should receive the miles segment by segment, with no need to wait until the entire trip is finished.
Segments usually post within several days, but sometimes BA to AA credit can seem slower. Thus, depending on the length of your trip it might sometimes appear that miles do not post until the trip is over, but this is not how it actually works.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by gpia
Avios is your friend in this case, you’ll see availability for JL on the website (I believe flights are only shown IF there is availability though). Just sign up and you’ll be ready to search right away
Thanks, I signed up and magically /could/ find availability for the flights I was looking at pretty easily. Only catch is, BA want 120,000 Avios per person per flight, while CX list the same redemption at 80,000 Asia Miles. Obviously I'd like to pay less (given my credit card program transfers rewards points to Avios and Asia Miles at the same rate) - would CX be able to get similar availability for JL redemption?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by elleana
…would CX be able to get similar availability for JL redemption?
BA/CX should be seeing exactly the same availability from JL.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 9:09 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by JAXBA
BA/CX should be seeing exactly the same availability from JL.
That's good to know, thanks.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: Baec
Hong-Kong lounge question.

If I'm flying into Hong-Kong on RJ and out on BA in J and I'm EC silver which lounges can I use plus which do you recommend, if I have a choice.
I've 4 hrs 45 minutes between flights so if I have options lounge crawl suggestions are welcome.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:36 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by thinkingallowed

If I'm flying into Hong-Kong on RJ and out on BA in J and I'm EC silver which lounges can I use plus which do you recommend, if I have a choice.
I've 4 hrs 45 minutes between flights so if I have options lounge crawl suggestions are welcome.
Your status (oneworld Sapphire) and cabin class will get you into the same class lounges.

You can use any of the oneworld J lounges at HKG. QF and CX.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:17 pm

Your status (oneworld Sapphire) and cabin class will get you into the same class lounges.

You can use any of the oneworld J lounges at HKG. QF and CX.
Thanks for your help.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by thinkingallowed

Did I post this in the wrong place or is this just a very quiet part of the forum.?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.