Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by blerb
Howdy everyone,

I am what you would call an average joe - flying infrequently 1-4 times per year. I have currently only 50k reward points on AY (my home airline), and usually try to find the cheapest flights available for LH ones with ITA and such tools - this means I usually can't optimize for a certain alliance. Lounge access I get as a plus to my AmEx.

What I have been wondering (and googling for) is: is there any way to accumulate reward/level points in the Oneworld alliance in such way that they would not be rendered void?

I know that with some credit cards it is still possible to accumulate points that do not expire and then later convert them to airline points when needed. But from what I have gathered there is no way to transfer airline points in the alliance nor out from the system to store them in some other form?

I am interested in upgrading flights with these points to business, the comfort of better seat with less cramped space is basically only thing I wish for LH flights. I guess I am possibly in the worst possible situation for this but I am just weighing my options for possibly finally flying more comfortably than in cramped aconomy (i am quite tall so the legroom is killing me).
BA offers 'upgrade using Avios' to enable a regular fare to be upgraded to a higher cabin. Avios don't expire either. BA charges high charges on redemptions though.

I do not think any 1W airline does transfer out of points. IB, BA and Avios.com do transfers between them. This may eventually be extended to some other Avios earning airlines... but maybe not! But I'm hopeful.
Old May 16, 2017, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by christep
What is this "broker"? Do you mean you are trying to use a service where someone books you a flight using someone else's miles? If so, that's always against the terms of the mileage programme, and highly risky.
No, just the booking agent I mean. It's all sorted now anyway. Cheers.
Old May 16, 2017, 9:14 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
I can't see any reason why you would legitimately need to use a "booking agent" for a miles redemption.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 1:19 pm

Hi All,

Which EU country is currently the cheapest to buy a DONE4?

Ibhayi
Old Jun 11, 2017, 6:12 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by 747-444
Hi All,

Which EU country is currently the cheapest to buy a DONE4?

Ibhayi
I answered on your other thread; look at Norway.

Try not to cross-post or do multiple posts with the same question; it's not allowed under the TOS.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: Miles and More, BAEC
hi all

Is it possible to spend OneWorld miles (BA Executive Club) in a webshop, similar to Miles and More miles in the Lufthansa World Shop?

Many thanks
Bart
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:57 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by aikibart
hi all

Is it possible to spend OneWorld miles (BA Executive Club) in a webshop, similar to Miles and More miles in the Lufthansa World Shop?

Many thanks
Bart
Hi, Bart, and welcome! I see you've asked this question on the BA board, which is the right place for it. Going forward, note that FT frowns on asking the same question across multiple boards.

Gardyloo
Oneworld moderator
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: Miles and More, BAEC
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Hi, Bart, and welcome! I see you've asked this question on the BA board, which is the right place for it. Going forward, note that FT frowns on asking the same question across multiple boards.

Gardyloo
Oneworld moderator
My apologies Gardyloo, you are right. My old brain wasn't remembering I already asked the question.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:26 am

Smile

Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

The Newbie Lounge is a place where you can get answers to your questions about the oneworld Alliance. No question is too stupid, nothing is taken for granted, and anything about oneworld you were afraid to ask elsewhere, or weren't sure where to ask, you can ask here.

We realize that FlyerTalk is a huge place. Until you learn your way around, feel free to post here without fear of retribution or reprimands for not using search. Our volunteer Ambassadors will be monitoring the lounge to assist you in finding your answers.

We're all glad you are here.

Hi, Can I have the same BA Amex reward card on the same account? I already have a BA Premium PLus card, held for several years now and have triggered my companion ticket. I'm going to make a biggish purchase which would help towards the spends to trigger another companion ticket and was hopeing I could apply for another BA premium plus card on the same account. Hope ypu can help
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:59 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by lainey1605
Hi, Can I have the same BA Amex reward card on the same account? I already have a BA Premium PLus card, held for several years now and have triggered my companion ticket. I'm going to make a biggish purchase which would help towards the spends to trigger another companion ticket and was hopeing I could apply for another BA premium plus card on the same account. Hope ypu can help
Welcome to FlyerTalk lainey1605

Your question seems quite specific to BA and so is probably better asked in the BA Executive Club forum

This forum is specific to the OneWorld Alliance (of which BA is a member)
Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA Plat, UA Club, Marriott/SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Amex Plat
Shower options EWR

Quick question--mods feel free to move if there is a better place.

I'm flying into EWR (SFO red eye->BOS->EWR) next week. I don't get to NYC a lot and I am fairly unfamiliar with EWR.

I have some mid-day meetings and would like to take a shower on arrival rather than pay an extra night in a hotel for the morning arrival.

I'm in first (don't think it matters) whole itinerary, have a UC membership, and a priority pass from AMXP.

Also not opposed to paying for a shower at a better facility.

What are my options? Lounge Buddy is showing the UC in Terminal C. Does this still hold true? Easy to grab a shower or long wait (arrival around 9am)? Better/other options?

Thanks!
Old Jul 18, 2017, 2:06 pm

Royal Jordanian bad reviews

I have award miles with AA . I've gone to BKK many times through their partner airlines,Cathay,Japan and Malaysia, before all of their misfortunes. Since then I've only gone on the other 2.Now I noticed the only award fares online that they are offering is through Royal Jordanian,that are in my time frame.I don't feel comfortable flying with a Arab carrier.I will call AA to see if they can offer something else . If not I will pay for a flight and have more options on who I fly with.Any suggestions from flyertalk members
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:16 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by riclagriclag
Any suggestions from flyertalk members
Spend the money instead on getting educated about correctly evaluating risks, then fly on Malaysian or Jordanian. You'll be better off both financially and intellectually as a result.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 2:08 am

Programs: BA Exec
Originally Posted by christep
Spend the money instead on getting educated about correctly evaluating risks, then fly on Malaysian or Jordanian. You'll be better off both financially and intellectually as a result.
Hear Hear
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:04 am

When is the charity kids charity auction. I would like to be on a list to be notified when this happens so I can bid on stuff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.