Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2016, 4:58 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by richh1833
Flying domestic legs from SFO to PTY on AA. I'm a QF OWE, would it be possible to get into the international lounges in the international terminal? Would they turn me away due to the fact that I'm flying domestic?
You will have access

AA only restricts its own status members from its lounges when they are travelling what AA defines as "domestic" which includes Canada, the Caribbean and Central America
Old Jun 24, 2016, 8:08 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by richh1833
Flying domestic legs from SFO to PTY on AA. I'm a QF OWE, would it be possible to get into the international lounges in the international terminal? Would they turn me away due to the fact that I'm flying domestic?
Originally Posted by pandaperth
You will have access

AA only restricts its own status members from its lounges when they are travelling what AA defines as "domestic" which includes Canada, the Caribbean and Central America
I'm not familiar enough with SFO to know if you can get past security to the international concourse with a domestic departure. If you can, then you can use any lounges out there.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 2:59 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by endet
about lounge access:
I will be arriving in Frankfurt on a QR business class flight and I do have an Y shorthaul connection with Aer Lingus. Will I have access in any of the OW lounges?

I am unsure about the rule as Aer Lingus is not a OW member.

Many thanks in advance for your advice.
Unfortunately no access as EI is not a oneworld member. You would have to be EI Gold to get into their lounge.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 3:02 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by enelym1978
hi everyone,

quite a trivial question here.... but since I'm a OW newbie...

I redeemed a GVA-LHR ticket on BA using my CX miles. I'm AB Gold. At this point of course, my CX FF# shows up on my ticket. Will I be able to register my AB number at check-in and enjoy the lounge access? That's all I want as I don't need priority luggage
Yes, at the airport. You might be able to change it prior to that point if you go to Finnair.com and use their Manage my booking (BA won't allow you to change it online).
Old Jun 26, 2016, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by toastedcafe
Will be flying out of Hong Kong to Haneda with JAL. Anyone could recommend a good lounge ? Flying cattle class but have OW sapphire status.
I reckon CX's The Bridge is the best OWS / Business Class lounge. Then QF's lounge.

If you have a lot of time, you can try all 5 of them (not sure if The Pier has business class section at the moment).

A lot of info about HKG lounges is in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...hong-kong.html
Old Jun 26, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by haasha
I reckon CX's The Bridge is the best OWS / Business Class lounge. Then QF's lounge.

If you have a lot of time, you can try all 5 of them (not sure if The Pier has business class section at the moment).

A lot of info about HKG lounges is in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...hong-kong.html
The Pier Business Lounge was opened again after a refurbishment a week or so back.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:14 am

Hi everyone, going crazy trying to schedule a complicated route for reward travel my first time ever using reward travel. I need a one-way Miami -> Madrid -> Bilbao in September using AAdvantage. Miami to Madrid I have figured out, as that is handled by Iberia for AA with minimal fees, from what I've found. I'm struggling with Madrid -> Bilbao.

There are some perfect Iberia flights from MAD - BIO but I cannot find a way to figure out of there are award seats available. What's the best way of doing this? The one way from MAD to BIO is about $90 or $65 RT (if I throwaway my ticket), but I'd like to get it all taken care of under the same award travel if possible.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: AY+ Silver
I've reached AY Silver (OWR) level today. Does Cathay Pacific web page have access to AY FF program data right away?

I have booked CX flight in September and they allow to choose extra legroom seats for free for OWR+ members. However when I choose a seat popup still telling me something about charging my CC.

Edit: Never-mind, when I made second attempt today at my home PC it didn't mention any more anything about charging my CC. Good

Last edited by muhv; Jul 1, 2016 at 12:42 pm
Old Jul 14, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: Way Too Many
Lounge Access AA to non One World Flight?

Hi,

Maybe a silly question but would I get lounge access in Zurich as OWE(BA gold) when coming off an AA flight and connecting to a non oneworld airline in economy? The lounge is a third party lounge (Aspire) but is dedicated for Oneworld flights.

Thanks

J
Old Jul 14, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by jonnny
...would I get lounge access in Zurich as OWE(BA gold) when coming off an AA flight and connecting to a non oneworld airline in economy?
Afraid not. The basic rule for oneworld lounge access is that you have to be departing on a oneworld operated flight. The inbound connection flight only comes into play if the departing oneworld flight doesn't qualify for lounge access by itself.

Originally Posted by oneworld.com - Lounge Access

To be eligible, you must be departing on a flight that is both marketed and operated by a oneworld member airline.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 10:10 am

I'll be taking CX flights between JFK and YVR. I'm pretty sure they're booked in a fare class that earns Avios but not AA miles. Would it be possible to credit the mileage to my no-status BA account and use my AA platinum account to get lounge access?

Thanks!
Old Jul 20, 2016, 4:05 pm

I booked a ticket with SK, of which the last leg is PVG-HKG on KA (Dragonair)

questions:
1. Can I get miles credited to Airberlin topbonus while the ticket was sold by SK?
2. Do I get access to lounge in PVG? (I am *A Gold, no status on oneworld)
Old Jul 20, 2016, 4:59 pm

Can someone please point me to a post or thread (or blog on another site) with advice and guidance on how to book a OW flight from JFK - KTM - JFK?

I have mapped out possible routes on the BA site, with one or two legs in business, depending on the routes and dates. On Qatar, though may need to fly via LHR on BA, but would prefer the A350 direct to DOH from JFK.

I recall reading somewhere a very helpful post or blog on the need to do all the legwork yourself, then to call American and tediously piece together each leg of the flight.

Though I have booked many an AAdvantage and Delta award, I have never tried a OW award and could use some advice.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 5:44 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by SixMileMtn
Can someone please point me to a post or thread (or blog on another site) with advice and guidance on how to book a OW flight from JFK - KTM - JFK?

I have mapped out possible routes on the BA site, with one or two legs in business, depending on the routes and dates. On Qatar, though may need to fly via LHR on BA, but would prefer the A350 direct to DOH from JFK.

I recall reading somewhere a very helpful post or blog on the need to do all the legwork yourself, then to call American and tediously piece together each leg of the flight.

Though I have booked many an AAdvantage and Delta award, I have never tried a OW award and could use some advice.
Welcome to FT!

Are you planning to use miles for this trip or paying money for it? What mileage program would you be using?

Three Oneworld carriers serve KTM - Qatar from Doha, Malaysian from KL, and Dragonair (Cathay Pacific) through Hong Kong. If using AA miles, you can choose either transpacific (via Hong Kong using either AA or CX) or transatlantic using any available carriers or combination of carriers. You may well discover that the Cathay Pacific/Hong Kong option is cheaper owing to lower surcharges on AA and CX compared to BA and/or Qatar going transatlantic. If you're looking at Cathay Pacific you'll need to phone AA as AA doesn't show CX availability online.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: VS gold, AA gold
Upgrading a government fare Y class ticket on AA

To anyone with experience traveling on official US gov't business on AA:

I have an upcoming trip CLT to BCN on AA on a refundable government fare Y ticket. This is for official fed gov't travel booked through our travel agency. Does anyone know if 1) Is it allowed by the federal government for me to use my own miles or dollars to upgrade this to J, and if so, 2) Will AA permit an upgrade of a government fare ticket through their system?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by bkitahara; Jul 20, 2016 at 5:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.