Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney to Cairns - fly or drive?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2008, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
You're kidding right? June in South Island of NZ is early winter = cold and damp, snow in the mountains (although most likely not on the roads or towns yet)...
Old Nov 3, 2008, 5:00 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
deleted--previously posted the same info
Old Nov 5, 2008, 5:03 pm

Programs: QFF Bronze, Velocity Red
You should be able to get a Jetstar Fare, return SYD-CNS for about $99 each way on sale. Virgin had Happy hour specials yesterday for SYD-CNS for $81 each way for travel in May. So mabye keep a eye out here.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
Originally Posted by Sunstar320
You should be able to get a Jetstar Fare, return SYD-CNS for about $99 each way on sale. Virgin had Happy hour specials yesterday for SYD-CNS for $81 each way for travel in May. So mabye keep a eye out here.
SYD-CNS for A$99? A$81? Not too shabby. With the recent resurgent strength of the US$, those ticket prices would be Fantastic! ^

I have been checking the Virgin & Jetstar websites and have been finding the regular fares to be around A$169 o/w. Now I know what types of fares I should be looking for. I guess I should sign up for whatever type of email sale alerts they have.

Thanks,

Onedog
Old Nov 8, 2008, 2:07 am

Programs: QFF Bronze, Velocity Red
They have a NEW sale on right now actually(jetstar,virgin,qantas,tiger), and there was $81 fares to Cairns on Virgin's happy hour today(1pm-2pmAEST). Jetstar are usually cheaper in sales though. Checking the DJ/JQ webistes every couple of days is sometimes better than emails(sometimes it takes a while for them to get through...), as seats sell very fast!
Old Nov 8, 2008, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Note that with many of these fares, checked baggage is additional $$$.

(E.g. "Jetsaver Light" allow 10kg pp of carry on - no checked luggage facilited in base fare).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.