FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Back online today and I received a welcome message through my PM :

Humane Society International . DONATION RECEIPT
. . Issue Date: 14/09/2016 08:21 AM EST
Victor Cxxxx Cxxxx . Transaction Id: 29964
Avd Viera y Clavijo . Amount donated: $55.00

Hi Guy, you doing something amazing, really, i surprised it when i saw your post, its a really really good initiative.

I don't need a visa, because thanks to you i realised that i need evisitor not a eta an evisitor is free (i'm from spain, barcelona (FB barcelona, Messi :P).

But equally i made it the donation because i love your initiative, really, congrats for this. I hope that all the people in the world make things like this.
Thank you, Victor...
Old Sep 19, 2016, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Global Entry
Made a donation to the Southwest Autism Research and Resource Center of $100. Thank you guybetsy for this wonderful service.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA G
Donated to the Peninsula Humane Society and SPCA -- the local unit serving SFO.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:40 pm
fet

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, UA, AS, DL, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
I am going to donate to the local Humane Society
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
I will be making a contribution to the March of Dimes. Thank you, Guy Betsy, for allowing me to donate to this great cause, while helping get my family ETAs!
Old Oct 29, 2016, 10:55 am

Made a donation to Amnesty International in Guy Betsy's honor.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
Hi!

I don't know if this is the correct thread to post my query, but mods please feel free to move my post.

I applied for an Australian visitor visa (I hold a passport from an Asian country and used the online system to apply as I am currently living and working in the USA). I got the visa grant notice today. There is no mention of needing the visa stamp on the passport. (I just applied online for a Canadian visa and they asked for my passport to stamp the visa on it after my documents were checked).

Am I correct in assuming that I do not need the actual physical visa on the passport and I just need to print the pdf that they sent me? (and that everything else is electronic).
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by hikouki
Hi!

I don't know if this is the correct thread to post my query, but mods please feel free to move my post.

I applied for an Australian visitor visa (I hold a passport from an Asian country and used the online system to apply as I am currently living and working in the USA). I got the visa grant notice today. There is no mention of needing the visa stamp on the passport. (I just applied online for a Canadian visa and they asked for my passport to stamp the visa on it after my documents were checked).

Am I correct in assuming that I do not need the actual physical visa on the passport and I just need to print the pdf that they sent me? (and that everything else is electronic).
Your ETA is tied to your passport number. Note that it is not 'technically' a visa but an Electronic Travel Authorisation. I could have helped you there if you hold one of the passports listed in my post. But anyways since you did it already, its all good. There is no physical sticker on your ETA... Actually when you arrive into australia , they do not even physically stamp your passport!

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Nov 2, 2016 at 2:41 am
Old Nov 9, 2016, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
I wish to express my appreciation to Guy Betsy for his contribution of this ETA Australia service to community members.

I have made a donation to WWF to specific threatened species campaigns. I have also asked to remove my postal information from WWF marketing so that money is not spent to send such future donation request letters.

Rasheed
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
In recognition of this kind gesture, I will be supplementing my customary annual donations to the Oregon Humane Society and to Dove Lewis Emergency Animal Hospital.

--mcz
Old Dec 6, 2016, 12:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
$35 to AnimalsAsia.

Thanks for providing this service to the community Guy Betsy.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 11:32 am

I have donated 40 dollars to the Canadian institute for the blind.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
I have made a donation to SPCA San Francisco - a no-kill program. Thanks!!
Old Dec 24, 2016, 9:42 am

thank you so much GuyBetsy for your help with our 4 ETAs and helping us pay it forward!

we will be donating
$50 to the Animal Welfare Institute
$50 to the Animal Rescue League of Boston, along with 10 family sized bags of hairball treats from our kitty to theirs!
Old Dec 27, 2016, 12:59 pm

Whenever I have the funds to go to the land down under, I will keep this post in mind, and I do volunteer work at my church and participate in their monthly community outreach things with some donations of goods (food for food bank, baby items for baby pantry, etc).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.