Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Australian ETA Visa application*

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2015, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
We gave US$75 to Living Water to dig fresh water wells in Burkino Faso, Africa.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 4:07 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Thank you, Guy, for offering this service. I was frustrated that Quantas would charge the three of us even though we booked first class cabin at big $$. Have had no sleep in a week over the excitement from booking this last minute trip.

In return for the three ETA's, we will be sending $100 to Because You Care animal rescue shelter in Meadville PA. becauseyoucare.og
Old Jul 21, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: BA silver
Thanks for this service Guy. We donated $60 to Mission Services, a homeless shelter in Hamilton. They have an anonymous donor matching all donations till the end of the month, so the shelter should actually get double that.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: UA: 1K, AA: Gold, Hilton: Diamond, Marriott: Plat Premier, Hertz: Pres Circle
What an awesome service, Guy. I really appreciate it. I'll be contributing to DC Central Kitchen, an awesome organzation which does job training for folks who need a second shot, and in the process cooks up a ton of awesome food and meals for some of DCs improverished schools and shelters. They make an out of this world Kale Salad.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
Thanks Guy Betsey for processing our ETA for our visit down under in Feb. 2016.

We made a donation to the FREED Program of Nevada, Sierra, Yuba, Sutter and Colusa Counties in Calif. FREED’s Mission is to eliminate barriers to full equality for people with disabilities through programs which promote independent living and effect systems change, while honoring dignity and self determination.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:41 am

Need some ETA help

I am leaving for an around the world trip on Aug. 7th, and plan on being in SYD Aug. 15th. I wasn't thinking and didn't check here first in regards to getting an ETA...but I have a question about it...I have a DUI in the US and when filling out the ETA online, of course it asks for criminal history...in reading, i've understood to be answer honestly as hiding it or not answering honestly and them finding out could cause issues. I, of course, checked yes, submitted it and was pended. 1) How long until somebody looks at it and asks for more info, and 2) even with somebody looking at it, will they approve for an ETA with the DUI info? Just wondering if i should sit tight or start scrambling for other options for a visa.

I apologize if i'm hijacking this thread, just didn't find any other thread that seemed to be helpful to post in. Thank you.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
Quick question about the validity of ETA visas, on behalf of someone currently sailing towards the Coral Sea from Vanuatu on his way to Brisbane. He has previously been issued an ETA in October 2014 that is valid through September of this year. The question I have: does the ETA have to valid through the entire stay of the applicant until his planned departure, or does it only have to be valid at the time of entry? The ETA has not yet been used for entry into Australia since it was issued and approved. If you have a ready answer, I would also appreciatie an official source if possible, just to confirm there will be no problems upon entry. If there is any confusion, I will go ahead and request a new ETA just to be safe, but if not necessary obviously nice.

Apologies if this question has been posted elsewhere in this thread. I used multiple combinations of search terms without any luck.

Thanks for any help! ^
Old Aug 2, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
Never mind. I found an answer to my question on the website of the Australian embassy in Tokyo.

20. I have 10 days validity left on my ETA and I wish to enter Australia tomorrow for 3 months stay. Do I need a new ETA?

No. As long as you arrive in Australia within the validity of your ETA, you can stay in Australia for 3 months from the arrival date. (e.g. If you hold an ETA valid until 1 Sep 2013, as long as you arrive in Australia by this date, you are allowed to stay for 3 months from this date, that is until 1 Dec 2013).
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Thanks Guy for processing my ETA for my visit in September.

I made a donation to Water Missions International. They provide sustainable safe water and sanitation solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 12:36 pm

Thank you Guy Betsy for providing this service! I will be making a donation to

Last edited by yerffej201; Aug 8, 2015 at 8:04 pm
Old Aug 8, 2015, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Thank you Guy Betsy for providing this service! I will be making a donation to UNICEF.
Anyone but UNICEF ! Only 1% of your donated monies will reach the people in need. The other 99% goes awry.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 12:24 am
formerly known as lady1964

Programs: BA Bronze
Hi,

We're in the UK and visiting Sydney from 23 January 2016, can anyone advise when we should apply for our visas?

Many thanks
Old Sep 28, 2015, 7:43 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Donated GBP25 Cancer Research UK.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:10 am

Thanks so much to Guy for continuing to offer free Australian ETA Visas to the FlyerTalk community. ^ As a way of "paying it forward" I'll be volunteering at my local food bank during the upcoming holiday season.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K - DL Million Miler - AS 100K
ETA

Hi Guy

Just sent you a PM. As in previous years we will be donating to the Children's Burn Hospital run by the Shriners in Galveston, Texas.

Regards

Houston Traveler

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.