Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Australian ETA Visa application*

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2014, 5:10 pm

Thank you for this generous offer. I will be making a donation to the Red Cross re: the Ebola outbreak.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by ranles
? We are flying (Fiji Air) LAX-NAN-SYD in March of 2015. We know that we will need visas for SYD, but are unsure how far in advance is appropriate or necessary. Secondly, do we need anything for Fiji? In the past the paperwork for SYD was handled for us by UA.

Thank you
Apply towards the end of the year - ETAs are valid for one year.

Nothing needed for Fiji.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 6:14 am

Free Australian ETA Visa application*

Thank you for doing this. I am donating to the Pearl S. Buck Foundation, my favorite charity.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA MM 1K, UK Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb
ETA renewal

Can ETA be renewed in advance or one has to wait for current to expire?
Can someone please chime in.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by specialeffects
Can ETA be renewed in advance or one has to wait for current to expire?
Can someone please chime in.
The current one must expire before you can get a new one.

As long as you arrive in Australia before it expires, you're fine. It doesn't matter if the ETA expires while you're in Australia. Its the status of the validity of the ETA when you arrive that matters.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:36 pm

Programs: Mucci, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I just obtained my visa through other means! However, I am inspired to donate anyway. My donation will be to the Jeanne d'Arc Home in NYC.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:50 pm

What a wonderful service you are offering and we especially love the Pay-it-forward concept!

In appreciation, we have made contributions to our local food bank and to Remote Area Medical, an organization that does a fantastic job in bringing health care to under-served and uninsured folks in rural areas.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 12:12 pm

I've contributed to a funeral fund for a young man in East Texas who was killed in a pipeline accident. Thanks so much for your generosity - you have my information. roneyc
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:11 am

Hi Guy, First what a wonderful idea! 1 quick question...I meet the FT membership requirements, but my fiance does not. Is it only possible to get my own Visa?

Since I'll be using this to go to Australia, I figure I'll pay it forward to some sort of Australian charity. Any suggestions? I'd prefer some sort of environmental or animal cause...since my reason for going to Oz is to dive the GBR, I'd love to make a donation to some sort of GBR conservation program.

FT FTW!
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: Free Agent
Wonderful concept. I and my spouse will be making a donation in the amount of twice our ETA fees to an environmental issues advocacy organization, as an indirect offset to our impact through travel. In addition, we will be changing our grocery purchasing by buying a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) share. Hopefully, these will be more effective in the long run than a one off activity.

Thanks again for the positive contribution to the community.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 5:17 pm

Programs: Enough
I will be adding a couple additional cases to my Legal Aid portfolio (it's a lot of work I do for free!)
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:58 pm

Thanks for offering this...
Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:18 pm

Programs: UA
My wife will fly to Ghana in December and help stage a seminar for a dozen African entrepreneurs to scale their businesses and expand into multiple countries, thereby providing jobs and adding value to the economy of those African countries. I am working on my 3rd book on marriage & parenting advice.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
My wife and I have recently contributed to the local childhood blood cancer telethon. She provides used clothing to an organization called Dress for Success. Yesterday, she returned from yet another trip to the Goodwill trailer.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
We will be making donations to both Goodwill and Salvation Army. Thank you again, Guy Betsy, your generosity through this thread and charitable disposition have undoubtedly helped a great many people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.