catlins NZ

Old Jul 25, 2006, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Smile catlins NZ

Hey guys,

did any of you ever visit the Catlins? What is it like there? Is it really cold in november/december? Do you recommend a visit for people (with a 20 month old daughter, travelling in a campervan) who plan to see both south and north island in just 5 weeks? Or is it too much out of the way and nothing special?

We are in persuit of gorgeous beaches and rough nature and dont mind wearing sweaters We're already set to explore beaches around Abel Tasman, Marlborough Sounds, Coromandel, Bay of Islands etc. as well and I was wondering whether the Catlins are a good addition to these places.

Thanks for your input!
Old Jul 25, 2006, 12:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I have been looking at shore excursions and have found this company. Past cruise passengers have spoken highly of them.

http://www.elmwildlifetours.co.nz/cruiseships.shtml.

They do day tours for all types of people
Old Jul 25, 2006, 3:59 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Catlins are nice. 5 weeks is enough to see both North and South Islands at a superficial level. If you want to see & experience more of what NZ has to offer, and at a more leisurely pace, 5 weeks is ideal to see just one of the islands.

November is spring, which in NZ means changeable weather. Expect a mixture of cool showery/wet days and warm sunny days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.