Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many hours drive from Alice Springs to Uluru?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2005, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

How many hours drive from Alice Springs to Uluru?

Can anyone tell me how many hours drive it is from Alice to Ayer's Rock? I thought I'd had our schedule firmed up, but I think it is very much in dispute at the moment!

Any help appreciated!
Old Mar 29, 2005, 9:07 pm

Programs: QC, QF, Avis Preferred, BW Crown Club, Priority Club
Originally Posted by chris1gill
Can anyone tell me how many hours drive it is from Alice to Ayer's Rock? I thought I'd had our schedule firmed up, but I think it is very much in dispute at the moment!

Any help appreciated!
It's about 452km's, so 3-4 hours, speed dependant

Check out http://www.whereis.com.au for a good trip planner
Old Mar 30, 2005, 4:32 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Allow more time if travelling in (semi)darkness - have to watch out for kangaroos on the road so cant go as fast.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 6:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Bus tours also available
Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:03 am

Remember that outside of built up areas in the Northern Territory, there is no speed limit.. so go as fast as (safely) you like..

See here: http://www.ipe.nt.gov.au/whatwedo/mv...book/27-36.pdf

Then go to Page 6 of 10 in that pdf file.
Old Apr 2, 2005, 6:47 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by bambbbam
Remember that outside of built up areas in the Northern Territory, there is no speed limit.. so go as fast as (safely) you like..
Preferably as fast or faster than the road trains -- which may be a challenge for the driving skills of most North Americans, and having a rental car doesn't help. Avoid driving at dusk or at night unless you are familiar with the risks that you are taking (it isn't like interstate travel in the US, for example).
Old Apr 2, 2005, 11:49 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Executive Club Gold/Frequence Plus Red
If there is one road in the world that I can call "safe", than it would be Alice Springs-Uluru.... There is really nothing to distract you the whole way, very few curves, if you can call them that, the only major challenge , will be the turn to the right you'll have to make onto the road that leads to Uluru

There are a few road trains at night, adapt your speed to theirs and you'll be all right.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 12:02 pm

Programs: Junior Jet Club
Originally Posted by dannyr
It's about 452km's, so 3-4 hours, speed dependant
You will never do that route in 3-4 hours. It's 4.5 hours comfortably, and longer if you actually want to see something along the way.

Last edited by SYDguy; Apr 7, 2005 at 12:08 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.