Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Darwin best hotel or appartments for August 2017?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2017, 2:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: United mileage plus, qantas frequent flyer silver
Darwin best hotel or appartments for August 2017?

From Adelaide, We are a couple having a short break in Darwin Australia August 10th - 14th 2017
Anyone know which is the best luxury place to stay in or near central Darwin.
We want rest, sun and relaxation. Maybe one 'tour' thank you
Old Jul 4, 2017, 3:19 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Not sure that there is any such hotel in Darwin I have stayed at the Hilton which was central and clean and comfortable and looked to be the best hotel around, but neither luxury nor noteworthy for "rest, sun and relaxation".
Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by number_6
Not sure that there is any such hotel in Darwin I have stayed at the Hilton which was central and clean and comfortable and looked to be the best hotel around, but neither luxury nor noteworthy for "rest, sun and relaxation".
There isn't a luxury hotel per se (which I define as on the level of a Four Seasons or a Park Hyatt). Basically only SkyCity and the Hilton even claim 5 star qualifications. I've stayed at the Doubletree Esplanade, and while it was fine for me it certainly wasn't "luxury". Best option is potentially Darwin Waterfront Luxury Suites: http://www.darwinwaterfrontluxurysuites.com.au/

A review of Darwin hotels from the Telegraph UK: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/de...darwin/hotels/
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by gezza48
From Adelaide, We are a couple having a short break in Darwin Australia August 10th - 14th 2017
Anyone know which is the best luxury place to stay in or near central Darwin.
We want rest, sun and relaxation. Maybe one 'tour' thank you

My advice.. stay in Adelaide .. there is much more to do of interest and you could rest and relax. There is no luxury or even close to it in Darwin. We like history, and there is lots of WW2 history in and around Darwin, the art museum, and a day trip to Litchfield and the swimming holes there. Stayed at the Hilton, in a 2 day stay, I burned a piece of bread in the toaster in the exec lounge which resulted in the alarms going off and the fire department arriving , the water tank ruptured which resulted in no water, and no notice to guests -
Old Jul 6, 2017, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: United mileage plus, qantas frequent flyer silver
Darwin's best hotels

Thanks for advice which substantiated my hunch! Might change our flights and head up to Port Douglas!!
Regards, Gezza
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:26 am

Programs: qantas airnz
A few years since we were there but there are definitely some nice apartments to stay in & plenty to do for a few days. Maybe have a look at Airbnb.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.