Search

Airport info SYDNEY (SYD) - amenities, transfers, transport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2010, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Thank you Kiwi Flyer; much appreciated.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 7:43 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
In December 2009 we used the showers at the Qantas Business Lounge, quite nice IMHO!
Old Jul 18, 2010, 6:35 am

Hi there, i wonder whether anybody could let me know whether they have powerpoints in the public showers at sydney airport. im travelling next week and then onto alice springs, but would like to shower and do my hair etc, will be taking hairdryer with me. cant seem to find any info online and qantas were unable to help :/

many thanks
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:12 pm

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Question

Originally Posted by TechnoPagan
Has anyone used/seen the showers lately?
I have a MR to SYD from IAD in May-- -
Am going to revive this thread to ask a similar question. Doing a longish MR to SYD with overnight arrival 6:30 am later this month and will surely be unable to check into my hotel. UAL --unfortunately I just learned -- has no RCC there. Flying coach (K ) so no real status other than 1P. Surely am not eligible for any other lounges for free. Any ideas for showers, or not horribly expensive club options? Any recent experiences with the terminal showers (i.e. worth dragging soap, and towel vs waiting a several hours)?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 9:02 am

If you head up to the departures area there are showers in the public bathrooms.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA, WN, AA
Question

Originally Posted by Nugget_Oz
If you head up to the departures area there are showers in the public bathrooms.
I was transiting Sydney (int'l-int'l connection) a few months ago. As far as mens showers airside in the international terminal, I was only successful in finding ONE shower in the restroom near gate 51. There are "shower" signs at the restrooms near gates 24, 25, 31, and 51, but when I walked into the restrooms (I walked into 3 of them), the restroom near gate 51 was the only one with a shower. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough...

Perhaps there are more showers in the ladies' restrooms?
Old Mar 6, 2011, 10:44 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by mstraveler
..... Any ideas for showers, or not horribly expensive club options? ...
I doubt that there are any SYD lounges that sell single-entry passes. QF has the Qantas Club (annual fee, and includes entry to AA and BA lounges, also reciprocal privileges with AA's AC membership); don't think UA RCC has that arrangement with NZ's lounge. Priority pass and DC have lounge access at SYD but the best lounges are tied to airlines as a marketing tool. Most of the public showers are landside, as they tend to be used by arriving pax after they clear customs and before heading into the city. I've only used the (very nice) QF showers, well worth getting access if you can.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by number_6
I doubt that there are any SYD lounges that sell single-entry passes.
There's proof that there is (or was) such a thing in this very thread! The post is 2.5 years old and dependent on access to T3, but I would assume DJ still offers this.

Originally Posted by Dresden
I flew into SYD Saturday and misconnected due to a delay on UA839. I went to the Virgin Blue lounge in T3 and paid to use their lounge and shower. The attendant gave me two huge bath sheets, soap and shampoo. Pretty clean as they go, and the food was great in the Virgin lounge. Free Wi-Fi, overall a good investment of $30 AUD.

Last edited by CPMaverick; Mar 7, 2011 at 9:25 am Reason: spelling
Old Mar 7, 2011, 9:33 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
There's proof that there is (or was) such a thing in this very thread! The post is 2.5 years old and dependent on access to T3, but I would assume DJ still offers this.
You need to be flying out on DJ to avail yourself of this.

Dave
Old Mar 7, 2011, 1:21 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Then it is false information, DJ has never sold lounge access -- it must be an addon to a DJ ticket, not sold as a lounge pass. I don't recall ever seeing any lounges in Oz that sell single-entry passes (unlike many other countries which are full of such lounges).
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:57 pm

Still needing recent info

about showers (Female) either in T2 (Domestic) or T1 (international)
Am transisting throught Syd at 6am.. have a 4hr gap which I would love to freshen up....
Old Apr 15, 2012, 8:13 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Which Side for best views? (LAX-SYD-LAX)

I did do a search, but didn't find anything. Point me in the right direction if I missed anything.

I'll be flying LAX-SYD-LAX on Delta and was wondering which side of the plane will offer the best views on arrival and departure. Currently the J cabin is wide open both ways (though Delta's J cabin sucks for window watching!) so I have my pick.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 9:29 am

Depends on the wind direction. You really never know what direction you will be landing or taking off from. It also depends on which approach they give as well. Just pick a side and you won't be disappointed. You may not get the approach over the harbour with a view of the bridge and opera house but either way you will get an overhead view of Sydney.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Left hand side of the plane will give you a great view of Sydney (Bridge, CBD, Opera House) if you land on 16R. Otherwise if coming in on 34L you'll get to see the wonders of a modern oil refinery!

Still, I'd go with the left side because the view has the *possibility* of being much better.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 4:41 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Thanks to you both. Being my first trip to Australia, the wonders of an oil refinery will be exciting as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.