Wiki Posts
Search

Airport info GUAM (GUM) - amenities, transfers, transport

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2016, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Post Airport info GUAM (GUM) - amenities, transfers, transport

Hi Guys, I just made a video of Sagan Bisita at Guam International Airport. The video is somewhat short, since I had to do it quickly and discreetly. Anyways, you'll get a sneak peak of interior of the lounge, along with the food and drinks, as well as the shower.

Food: Excellent selection of hot and cold food, there is rice, fried noodles and BBQ chicken. There is one soup that is mushroom cream. These are served during the lunch hours. Rest of time, there is deli sandwich, instant noodles.

Bar: Open bar with spirits, wine and beer, along with soft drinks and hot beverage such as tea, hot chocolate and coffee, etc. All self-serve

Business Center: I can't seem to find it if any, there is few computers on the side

Shower: The cleaning needed to be improved as you can see at the end of the video. They didn't provide with towels and soaps when I was there for someone reason.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Nice. Thanks! ^
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Found this thread in the wiki, although it seems to be a bit nascent.

I will be overnighting in GUM in a couple months and I'm looking for recommendations as to an airport hotel. From what I have read, quality is not a guarantee, so advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for something convenient to the airport, not terribly interested in amenities but I would like to feel comfortable getting there and getting into a bed (i.e. clean would be nice). Also, what do airport transport options look like?

Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2023, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by findark
Found this thread in the wiki, although it seems to be a bit nascent.

I will be overnighting in GUM in a couple months and I'm looking for recommendations as to an airport hotel. From what I have read, quality is not a guarantee, so advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for something convenient to the airport, not terribly interested in amenities but I would like to feel comfortable getting there and getting into a bed (i.e. clean would be nice). Also, what do airport transport options look like?

Thanks!
Did you ever find anything?

David
Old Jul 11, 2023, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by DELee
Did you ever find anything?
We ended up staying at the Days Inn Tamuning, which was basic but acceptable and reasonably priced. As far as we found there weren't great transportation options so we rented a car to get off airport. Put slightly over 3 miles total on that car, but it was in the days of the huge per-rental promos from UA with Hertz, so it was a decent net cost.

Can't comment much beyond that since it was a quick overnight and dark when we left the airport, dark when we arrived again. GUM was some of the most humid weather I've ever experienced; something like 97% relative humidity at reasonably warm temps (want to say upper 70s F).
SPN Lifer and DELee like this.
Old Jul 14, 2023, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Or perhaps low to mid 80s.

The Mariana Islands have one of the most equable climates in the world.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I just flew down to Guam for a day, and a rental car seemed the way to go. I spent $80 for a Toyota Corolla at Budget.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 12:53 pm

There is no public transportation from the airport. I recommend asking people at baggage claim to share a taxi because taxis charge extortionist prices if you can't rent a car. (Non-military will be going to Tumon or Tamuning anyway.) If you plan to take three or more trips anywhere, a car rental is likely the best bet. Cab fares tend to be $25 to $30 for most trips (even short-distance!), which is ridiculous!

Stroll, Guam's version of Uber, is supposed to be a little bit better, but a 1-mile trip from the airport to the Wyndham Garden hotel in Tamuning cost $18 in Sept. 2022.

Once in Guam, I found out that locals use Korean taxi services, which are by far the cheapest option. Call 671-777-8282 and pay in cash (USD).
Old Oct 8, 2023, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Wyfind
There is no public transportation from the airport.
This site indicates that the Guam Regional Transit Authority has four departures from the airport every day except Sunday. Has that changed?

https://grta.guam.gov/services/fix-t...route-schedule

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.