Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Auckland to Kuala Lumpur

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2016, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Auckland to Kuala Lumpur

Hi my family and I are travelling To KL from Auckland and I gather the plane stops at Gold Coast en route. I was just wondering if anyone had taken this route and what actually happens when you stop in Gold Coast. Many thanks.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 12:19 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I presume you are flying Air Asia (which operates AKL-OOL-KUL) and not Malaysia Airlines (which operates AKL-KUL nonstop).

At OOL you will disembark with your carry on and go through security (liquids rules applies) to await reboarding.
Old May 7, 2016, 2:57 am

I did this flight on Air Asia from KL to AKL. Aircraft lands, everybody leaves the aircraft with baggage, passengers transiting onwards go through a different door, you go through security and end up back in the terminal with the other passengers departing the Gold Coast. Transit passengers will typically board first.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 2:08 am

The stop in OOL was very easy. We descended the stairs and went through security before going to the departure hall. About 30 mins later we were back on board.

Because of the time-of-day, it wasn't a hassle at all. With the ~8pm departure from Auckland, it felt like a short walk before re-boarding for the second sector through the night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.